Monday, June 04, 2012

Secret life of the closeted hipster.

On Saturday I participated in by far the most hipster event of my entire life. Whitney
informed me of the tour de fat and suggested we go down to Centennial Park for a fun bike riding escapade. I thought this might be a "greener" crowd that I was used to, but I was so blown away with the amount of mustaches, suspenders, bow ties (in a non-frat boy kind of way), and bicycles decorated with kid's accessories. I thought it was so fun and so out of my every day. I mean, where else can you go and see grown people dressed in Minnie mouse costumes, decorate beer koozies at a craft table, and ride bikes?

SOYSAGE! loved it!

The above was probably the craziest thing I've ever witnessed. Some sort of play about loving one another even though we all have differences...which included multiple dance numbers, Darth Vader in pink, yo yos, and a lot of grown men in tights.
don't believe me? Watch it here.
After the "play" an announcer said, "now Karl Dean will provide our official kick off and I laughed aloud thinking about the conservative Karl Dean at this event....but low and behold, there he was, and actually pretty funny. He said, "I'm not really sure how to follow that" and more about how important biking was. Hilarious.
After biking and hanging we went to Elliston place Soda shop for lunch/binge eating.

cute pic of whit with the milk shakes that would never end.
And then we didn't eat for the next 10 days.

We had a great time. The rest of the weekend was spent hanging with my Mom and seeing other friends! Great time. Happy Monday everyone.

For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne. 

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I am filled with equal parts joy and bitterness that you and WhitGent are reunited. It makes me want to move us all into the Pi house for the summer to relive our glory days. Oh my god, wait. That could be the best reality show ever... someone call Lifetime. Point is, happy for you. Miss you guys. Wish we were all 20 again.