Monday, January 06, 2014

11 months

You've just GOT to be kidding me. I can remember this person who shall remain nameless who posted way too many pictures of her kid on facebook. When the 11 month mark strolled along she posted something like, "I can't believe my little _______ is already 11 months old, time is sure flying by! #Isurelovemyfillinthenameofthebabyhere

I remember thinking oh my gosh how have I survived seeing your baby thousands of times a day for 11 months? I'll be so happy when he/she's one and I won't be forced to see these blasted (albeit adorable) monthly pictures. (of course this is entirely my own fault. There is no rule saying I can't defriend these people or simply not look... but I just can't, I'm nosy and then I complain about knowing too much about people's lives. It's a vicious cycle.) 

Now as my own son is hitting this 11 month mark, I so get it. How in the world has it been almost a year? It is so unfair that I had to sit through countless boring lectures in college when time literally stood still and now I'm given the most amazing gift and time is just rushing by! 

This little boy is so much fun right now and I am so excited to be off one extra day for a snow day! We've had such a fun day just being home together :) 


I mean who is cooler? Never mind. If you don't agree with me, I don't want to hear about it. 

It's the same story every month. He won't leave the stickers on but I try so there will be some kind of evidence that I at least attempted this.




Instead of letting him eat it, I tried to get a couple of pics of him beside the irresistible sticker. No dice. Anything new must be discovered and conquered immediately. 







My little heart breaker. 

Some stats
Weight 22.8 lbs
New tricks: walking (still clumsy) with the lion walker and the fire truck he got for Christmas.
New Words: more with sign language (hit or miss, but still working on it) , Pa Pa, bye 
Food: working on eating more table food. Depends on the day on how we do. I give him table food first but a lot of time he eats a little and then throws it everywhere so I'm still giving him breast milk and baby food. 
Teeth: 8 and 2 have broken through, still can't seem them super well though. 
Favorite toys: he is loving to throw things all the sudden. This can be fun with soft balls, etc. but not so fun with wooden puzzle pieces, we will see how this all goes :) 
This last month we went to lunch like a million times. Almost every time (except when we saw all our high school friends and he showed out) he has been really well behaved. We even went to a 2 hour lunch at Mack and Kate's with Ole Miss folks and he just had a ball being the center of attention. He got a cold the day after Christmas which turned into an ear infection but this time we knew how to handle it and everything has been much easier! This has been such a fun month; I hope the next one just drags, drags, drags by so we can enjoy our "baby" a little while longer!

For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne. 


1 comment:

Shari Bac said...

He gets cuter every single day! Do I see a little gap in his front teeth like your mom's!!!! I LOVE IT and HIM!!! She would love that.