Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Weekend update a few days late

This weekend was GREAT w/ the Bottoms being in town. Along w/ that Oxford was graced by Byron Bertrand, the Weedens, and the Waycaster families. It was fabulous!!!!

BEAT BAMA... (Maybe next year)
So the original plan was to find the Bertrand's tent and put the Bottoms and the Waycasters together, however this did not happen. At 9pm the grove was already a sea of tents and the Bertrands did not have their Bertrands- Kingwood, TX sign up yet (typical elitist Texans). So we had to grove right beside the Waycasters who are die hard Bama fans. Normally I do not care really about the game; however I have a deep (sorry Amy) hatred for Bama. My parents grew up UT fans and I have always hated the tide. However, Amy's parents, Pam and Alan and their best friends, Butch and Norma are a select few of the decent and enjoyable Bama fans I had never known there was such a thing as a decent Bama fan, but this weekend the Waycaster tent proved me wrong. I think I am probably not that wrong and they are just an extreme rare exception to my probably perfect rule, but whatever. Back to the game.. oh what a game! At the beginning we saw a flock of birds, and I was sure (along w/ Travis W) that this was the sign that we would win the game. The first quarter started off well. We got a touch down and I thought the game was off to a total win. However, this outcome was changed when we missed 2 field goals and 2 delay of games in a row! Finally Bama beat us w/ a measly field goal in the last 3 seconds of the game... at least it wasn't a total beat down! We stayed in the grove for a while and then came home for a little down time...after such a long day, we all needed a nap.. after that we all went out to Parishes and then came home for a quiet night all alone. That is all for now, for Natalie's news this has been Natalie-Corinne.

No comments: