Monday, February 16, 2009

back it up...

Sorry for the blog schizophrenia, but let's back it up and get to Weekend Update. This weekend was so much fun! I hate to be one of those annoying romantics on Valentine's day, but this year was the first in a while that I got to celebrate rather than feel the cold harshness of singles awareness day. If you read the previous blog you know that Friday afternoon I spent with the parents in Oxford enjoying the square. Around 2:30, I packed up and headed to Nashville while the parents made another trip back to Martin to see brother Ben. Since the laundry was taken care of, they actually got to spend time with the college chap and enjoyed dinner at a local Italian eatery. The parents said they were sad to leave me but I think they were most upset about leaving my new addition, Millie (kitty pictured left..the picture really doesn't do her cuteness justice). The new kitty instantly won the affection of my parents and they played were her constantly! I was afraid to leave them alone with her for too long because I wouldn't put it past my Momma to steal Millie for herself..Back in Nashville Philip and I met high school friends Jenna and Taylor at their house in Franklin. Later we met other high school friends Bret and Christina at newly renovated 108 restaurant in Franklin that used to be Monells. 108 is off the square and was once a prison. Yikes! There are still cell doors, rooms for solitary confinement and other spooky reminders of the past. Although the ambiance and martinis were excellent, the food was really lackluster; I would not recommend eating there but if you would like an expensive yet tasty martini, drinking at the bar might be fun. Saturday morning I hung out with the parents. It is a family tradition that on the weekend Papa cooks breakfast for the ladies and waits on us constantly with coffee. Yeah...lucky you momma! Later I did some last minute shopping and met Philip for a special Valentine's Day dinner. He cooked steak and lobster, twice baked potatoes, pasta, salad, and creme brule for dessert! Move on over Food Network; what a meal! Then we swapped gifts, I got a very sweet and romantic heart shaped necklace and Philip got a bass pro gift card. I know...so shameful, but that's what he likes. Sunday morning and afternoon the family hung out and after a quick stop in Brentwood, made the long haul back to Oxford.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentines and beginning to their week, promise to blog about something less self involved soon... well I don't promise but I'll try :) For Natalie's News this has been Natalie-Corinne.

No comments: