Wednesday, April 04, 2012

spring break 2012 so far

We are back from the wilderness and I'm proud to say that even though P wanted to see (be killed by) bears so badly, we not only survived (beautiful cabin, cookouts regularly...you know roughing it) but we thrived!


The first night we stopped by the Kroger (P swears up and down it "moved" and he did not remember it in the wrong place...marriage lesson number 1...pick your battles...especially with directions, yes the Kroger moved and that map in Paris was wrong....)
P grilled fab veggies, chicken and steak for him, it was so yummy and relatively healthy especially for vacation fare. We saw countless billboard signs for Dave Ramsey and even though I think he degrades people and is a hypocritical jerk, I oddly took some sense of pride knowing he would be proud that we "acted our wage".
As I awoke the next day, I decided to go outside to check the weather. (Our phone reception was spotty so I was forced to rough it once again and actually go outside rather than use the weather channel app) and all the sudden this literally ran toward me like a pet that was yearning to get in.

Our new friend literally attempted to run in and I jojo circus style screamed and slammed the door before our guest came in .




Once P heard of our friend, the ultimate goal was to feed the wild animal from his hand. This was actually kind of sad. The fat squirrel paced back and forth and didn't want to take the food from P but knew the kettle chips were too much to pass up. As a fellow carb lover..... I get it.

And although it is kind of sad to make a wild animal feel totally uncomfortable and out of its natural surroundings... we did it again.

Luckily I took that photog class so I was able to get some pix. Err... more like... I just grabbed my camera and forgot to look at what setting it was on so get what ya get folks.


contact

The funniest part of this is how P kept remarking about how daintily squirrels ate. It don't take much folks to entertain in the smokies. Although this was exciting, I was scared to get into the hot tub from then on out. Plus, my Mom's stern warnings of all things gross lingered in my head... adding the possibility of a wild animal plopping in was too much to handle.
In other non related wild animal news, we had a fab time and it was seriously what the doctor ordered. I feel so much better and refreshed!

The rest of the week will be filled with Holy week obligations and visits with my Momma..hotty toddy spring break 2012.

For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne.

4 comments:

Shari Bac said...

I love squirrels! This is so cool! Be sure P didn't stash it away in his suitcase and make a pet of it!! :)

So glad you guys had this time away.

Big Daddy said...

I Love squirrels too . They taste like chicken .

Natalie Corinne said...

haha, P does want a pet badly but he hasn't gone to extremes just yet.

Dad, we know you don't eat squrrels, you shoot them down proudly with the bb gun... all classy like.

Ray said...

Reminds me of Chippy and Choppy... Mimmo's squirrels that she fed from her porch..... just in case you wonder what the inspiration for Tippy was