Tuesday, August 28, 2012

baby updates

I don't intend for this blog to be an all about baby blog, but I had an apt today so here goes.

I gained almost 3 pounds. Didn't gain any last time. I was hoping to keep that up, but my trucker appetite recently has prevented it. Birthing hips are in this season, right?

I told my doc that I quit reading "what to expect..." because it was very stressful. I just decided to be honest but inside I was already thinking omg I'm failing as an in utero mom but she wonderfully responded with, "I so don't blame you, that book is dark". Hallelujah. I don't need to know any more problems.

Something I didn't know about pregnancy is that you often get a stuffy nose and are prone to nosebleeds. For someone who already has cray cray allergies, this is no fun and the nosebleed at 5:15 in the shower this morning was honestly, just confusing. I'm usually mostly asleep until 6:00 so I just stood there looking at the blood in the shower. Finally, I realized I should probably do something about it. I've said it before and I'll say it again, there is such thing as a nurse/I know what to do in an emergency (okay, this wasn't a real emergency) situation/blood and guts don't bother me gene and it skipped me like I was the fat kid waiting to be picked for gym.

The baby's heartbeat was really easy to find and it sounded "very strong". Woot, woot. Good stock, obvi.

We couldn't get an appointment where P and I didn't have to take off work until almost the end of September. That basically in the next century as far as I'm concerned. I don't know how she expects me to plan and decorate a nursery appropriately having to wait this long. I mean, I guess people have been doing this for generations, but I'm about to be a suburbia living, suv driving, momma. I want it now.

One really fun thing about expecting during school is how incredibly sweet my normally fab students are. They are so protective and helpful. Just a sweet example...we have these huge speakers and they needed to be moved and one of my students just stood up and said, "guys, y'all need to move this, Mrs. Pratt can't lift heavy things" and then... they just did it. What?!?!? Love them.

That's it for now! Excited that Baby Pratt is happy and healthy!

For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yay! This is all super exciting. I am so excited for mom to me your dula. :)