Monday, April 15, 2013

some weekend shots!

Happy Monday! This is my last full week of maternity leave.. and I'm completely in denial about it. I thought about checking my work email that I haven't looked at in weeks but thought a cup of coffee would be a better idea. Total denial. Friday night as promised we stayed in and watched a movie, "Hyde on the Hudson". It was really interesting and I enjoyed it. Saturday we cleaned and cleaned and cleaned and cleaned. We organized the office which had not been looked at since Austin was born. Then some high school friends came over one who now lives in Hawaii and he brought his sons who are 3 1/2 and 1 1/2. They were so cute! Finally we actually did something non child related and celebrated the Abington's last cookout at their lovely Franklin abode. They were some of my first friends to buy a house and I am again in such denial that they are leaving. Finally on Saturday I met our wonderful friend Aubrie and her husband Brandon and their BEAUTIFUL baby Sloan for lunch. We joke since Austin and Sloan are 2 days apart that they will date, marry and live happily ever after so this was a big date for our boy! Of course I no longer think to take pictures of anything but him so just imagine the other stuff above, please. 
All ready to go in his brunch outfit. P thought he would look impressive to Sloan with some flashy cash but I don't do new money and removed that pronto. 

I'm not so sure the love connection was as strong as we once hoped. Sloan slept the entire time (good girl!) and Austin seemed more concerned about eating, sleeping and having his diaper changed. I will have to cover dating etiquette asap because this just won't do. 

Later we just hung around our house while P watched the Masters and I was bored to death took a quick catnap on the couch! After Austin woke up he was so happy so I took these! 



Although he really doesn't need a bath every night, he really enjoys it so we bathe him in the sink. I can't tell if it wakes him up or soothes him but I read somewhere baths are a great way of beginning a "bedtime routine". I kind of think it wakes him up more than anything but he is so happy about it I don't really care. 



We had such a fun weekend I was so sad it was over! He is starting to get so fun.. and then I have to go back to work. The timing is so rude. 

For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne. 


1 comment:

Shari Bac said...

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HIM on the 28th!!!