Saturday, August 31, 2013

First big boy swim :)

Today we went over to some of Philip's family friend's house. They have an amazing pool and are out of town for Labor Day and told us to use their pool as much as we wanted... umm OKAY. Although I didn't love the idea of being in a bathing suit (something has to change... it's almost been 7 months now and I've still got 9 lbs to go. ugh) but I sucked it up (figuratively and literally by sucking in my stomach until I could barely breathe) and we had such a great time. We've only done the kiddie pool 2 other times and I didn't really know if Austin would like the pool since I thought it would be colder than his bath. But since it has been like ridiculously hot, the water was like bath water temp and he really enjoyed it. 


Grandma joined too!


I am super stressed about the sun. He is wearing a bathing suit and shirt from his Aunt Ashley that has spf in it and she bought him a matching hat but since his melon is so big he had to wear this hat that I bought him that's a bit bigger. It's all those smarts! He's also wearing ridiculously expensive baby spf. For Philip and myself I will buy us generic goop that has the consistency of lard but for this babe, he gets gold. 


Philip bought this float a few weeks ago. It has a shade on it so it made me feel better about the sun. I think my Mom being so worried about my fair skin really "influenced" me. 








He used to wear these glasses but not he sees them only as another teething toy. 

Overall, a very fun day and we plan to go again tomorrow while our friends are away and we can pretend we are on vacation at their house :) 

Happy Labor Day! 

For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne. 

2 comments:

Shari Bac said...

I can't stand the cuteness!!!! Please move to Evansville so I can see him every day. :)

Ray said...

He is demonstrating early Michael Phelps tendencies in these pictures