Monday, November 18, 2013

first Halloween

We went Trick-or-Treating this year at Grandma's house and our neighborhood. Although our little one obviously can't eat candy, I think he really liked going to so many people's houses. 





This went a lot better than Pumpkinfest in Franklin. Honestly it's been kind of a hard lesson for me to learn. I want to be that family that takes the cute pictures in the big outings with tons of friends and the happiest baby but that doesn't always work. Austin is scared of huge crowds right now and I kind of need to accept that. He can do errands in the mall and all that but big, festival crowds with tons of people that want to talk to him kind of flip him out and instead of trying to make us fit that I need to do what fits us! Not every holiday may turn out the way I envision it but at least we will all be happier doing what works. Now if I can repeat that to myself over and over Dec 24-26th in some kind of hypnotic fashion this may help. 

Happy Halloween! For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

sweet little lion man! Yeah, I was not much for halloween as a kid either. I loved wearing a silly outfit but hated people and the scariness and the crowds and the uncertainty....and look at me now! I think it's just an overwhelming concept to most kids.