Saturday, August 06, 2005

Sad Sick Summer Days

Who gets sick in the summer?
Yes it has been a while once again from my last blog but this time not from exciting moves and great nights out of too much wine on the square. This time it is from the most intense virus I've had in years, maybe in all of my life. I really thought my time in life was probably over and that I would die not ever getting on Broadway or going to Egypt. It all started after cleaning a really nasty bathroom about a week ago...I started feeling pretty sick but just kind of put it off but I was busy with studying for bio and moving into the new house. However the sickness lingered. Yes lingered and slowly worsened every day... sneaky things viruses are. I kept going b/c this weekend could not be missed and then I had a final. But then it hit... Tuesday around 11am I fell back in bed after my bio final (and my last blog) and just laid there. My head pounded, my stomach, back, and neck ached.. I had a huge temperature but of course I was freezing. Under two blankets I was paralyzed under pain to my bed. I only got up to use the bathroom, 10 very painful and taxing steps away. After 5 hours of laying in misery I got some pills from my new neighbor Travis (pictured in the earlier blog) and from the encouragement of my family, I went to the doctor. I was scared stiff when they said "MENINGTIS" and "WEST NILE" are going around, and you have many of the symptoms: WHAT???? After many questions the doctor ruled out many scary diseases and asked if I had been anywhere dirty lately? "Well yes I have". I got some drugs(one of them was lortab which know I now are so hard core and very popular on the drug scene. I have some left maybe I should become a dealer!) and went home. God bless Whitney Gentry for driving me to the doctor and the pharmacy and thanks to Rebecca for stopping and bringing me fluids! It has been a real hard week but at least I lost 5lbs! ha!

FOCUS ON THE FAMILY:
BEN, RAY, CARLY ARE HOME! I am in the dirty dirty (Atlanta, Georgia) tonight ending the night of celebrating the arrival home of Ray and the Rayettes. They had a wonderful time, however they are suffering from severe jet lag.. yeah insert sympathy here. oh wait they just spent 15 amazing life changing days in Europe..They had a wonderful time. Pete, Michelle and I left Nashville this morning only 38 minutes behind schedule.. not bad for the Bottoms. We arrived in Atlanta around 2pm (eastern time) and had to leave to meet Ray and the Rayettes. Actually mom stayed at Ray's to decorate for Ray's annual 29th birthday and Pete and I went to the airport. We could have been even later leaving Nashville b/c we waited for an hour. The end of the trip could not have come at a more perfect time. They had the times of their lives, but I had a feeling that Ben and Carly and become much like brother and sister rather than cousins. The "harmless" picking at each other could have esclated to an intense high if they stayed much longer :) ha! Much to my surprise, Ben arrives with a HUGE new accessory of "bling". Very different for his style to say the absolute least. Later I hear that during the last night of their European festivities in Milan much alcohol was consumed and Ben was foolishly secured into purchasing not one but two awful necklaces. "We are all shocked" is the statement the Bottoms family is realizing at the current time. After the short party at Ray's house we all got ready and went to a Cuban restaurant. Atlanta has some of the best and most diverse culinary experiences in the entire United States. The atmosphere was very alive and exciting and the band added even more charisma to the night. Everyone enjoyed their Cuban dish, but it was an early night home because of the jet lag that was barring down on the Rayettes. We will be departing early in the morning after a light brunch. Overall it has been a very enjoyable trip and I wish we could have stayed longer!!

Later this week I hope to find another job. I am so over the sweat shop, if anyone knows of any openings PLEASE let ya girl know:)

The summer is coming to a sad end, I feel like none of us have relaxed enough to start the grind of school again. Take these last few weeks and have an extra drink and an extra nap.. you know you'll desperately need them in about a month.. When that pointless paper is due or when finals come around, you’ll want drinks and a nap… better store up now!! For Natalie's news this has been Natalie-Corinne reporting live from Atlanta Georgia.

No comments: