Monday, February 23, 2009

Nancy meet Satan

So I usually keep my opinions to myself (I know, I'm laughing too) but I am highly frustrated with Nancy Pelosi's recent gallivant to Italy. While I know it is important for government officials to meet with leaders from around the world, her trip along with other democrats accomplished nothing. Her meetings with the Pope were in my opinion a publicity stunt and he did not even allow her communion. Salt in an open wound for the vast majority of Americans who are struggling to make it while she's out cruising the world on tax payer money (holy Lord, who let Rush Limbaugh in here?!). Sadly, this is just another example of how our leaders are so out of touch with the real America. In my lifetime (excluding Bill... I still love him) I feel that almost every politician has been bogus and are really own out for their own pocketbooks...Debbie downer indeed...this is too much reality for a Monday morning. Let's move on.

This weekend was so exciting for many reasons but one of the highlights was that I got to see brother Ben play baseball! His team played at The University of Central Arkansas, a surprisingly lovely campus. His team played all weekend and we got to see him play Sunday afternoon. He looked great on the field and I was such a proud sister. Unfortunately we did not get to hang out with him too much because they had to get on the bus quickly and go back to school but I was so excited to see the young chap... and I didn't even have to do any of his laundry! Conway is a really nice city and I really enjoyed the downtown area. It is so cute, the streets in the downtown are painted and old train stations have been made into banks and restaurants etc. Really quaint, artsy etc..who knew?

Lastly, as I made the trip back to Oxford I was greeted with friends and fellow Oscar enthusiasts watching the Academy Awards at my house. It was the usual music crew who I love dearly because anything and everything is an excuse for an elaborate party. There was tons of food, drinks, and even forms with all of the categories and nominees printed as ballots so we could play along as the Oscars were on! Honestly I saw a lot more movies this year than ever but I really only care about the fashion. I love seeing what everyone is wearing; although I wish the stylist was not so popular because as much as I hate to admit it, I love a terrible dress on an A-lister. This list the popular trends seemed to be the color red, asymmetrical designs and mermaid dresses. Some of my favorite dresses of the night were Anne Hathaway (pictured upper right). She may have lost the Oscar, but she looked great doing it! Secondly, as much as I hate to admit it, I loved the dress Miley Cyrus wore (pictured left). Nothing says diva to me more than that beautiful dress, perhaps that's why I'm such a fan. Lastly, I had to add Beyonce because she can do no wrong in my book (pictured right). Although I like her dress in kind of an ugly/beautiful kind of way, her body is rocking and I was glad to see some curves on the red carpet!
Well I need to get back to work, I hope everyone has a wonderful Monday. For Natalie's News this has been Natalie-Corinne.

3 comments:

Shari Bac said...

I'm feelin' ya on the politcs, sista! I'm disillusioned on many levels already! The Oscars were awesome this year. The set was beautiful and I loved the way they had past winners introduce the nominees this year, especially for supporting and best actress. It was wonderful!! Every year I secretly think I'll put on one of Lindsay or Carly's old prom dresses and heels to watch it, just so I can feel my inner diva! I could channel the stars and teeter to the bathroom during commercials and try to "go" in a fancy dress! All part of the fun!!

Shari Bac said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ray said...

Loved the Oscars this year! I wrote down tips for my future acceptance speech and lifetime achievement award in Drama that is sure to come.

Tim Gunn as a red carpet fashionata was a great idea. I liked Marisa Tormei's wild dress and of course Angelina's classic black dress and emerald earrings were fabu. Hallie and Jennifer looked great. I call them and congratulated them! Mylie, Beyonce, Nicole and Heidi all got bad reviews this year! What is the world coming to! But Brad, Daniel Craig and Hugh were the true incredible gorgeous superstars... and were the only reasons I truly watched this year.

Robin has become enamored with Mickey Rourke now that he has declared that his Chihuahaus saved his life! Mickey told Barbara that he was considering killing himself and his chihuahua made an 'almost human' sound to 'wake him up' and looked at him like "who will take care of me?" It brought me to tears. Peanut would be proud!