Monday, February 02, 2009

weekend update

This weekend seemed to fly by with fun times had by all. It was exactly what I needed to detox from the long week of craziness here at the junior high. This weekend was pretty bare in my favorite city. I guess because of the cold weather and such it seemed at the beginning of the weekend that there was not much going on, but this quickly changed. Friday night was pretty tame with a casual dinner at Oby's then a house party at the Worthy's estate. Brooke, the ultimate hostess served lasagna and low calorie margaritas. Saturday we saw movie, ran some errands and then....picked out a new kitten! For some reason I thought I would be able to go to the humane society and just look...right. I picked the cutest baby kitten that is only 3 weeks old. Considering we are not supposed to have animals and I am super busy this was really one of the worst decisions of the weekend, but I don't really care. She is so cute and I cannot wait to get her in two weeks. After the shelter we went to dinner with power couple Rebecca and Smitty. They spent the day getting engagement pictures taken all over town. We enjoyed a nice dinner at Bouree (sign pictured left) and then went to City Grocery (pictured right) for after dinner drinks. Usually when I go out now I have become a total snob and stick to wine, occasionally when I'm influenced by a particular boy I will stoop to a 24 ounce beer but for the most part, snobby wine is my drink of choice. But for some reason Saturday after wine at dinner, I was feeling frisky at the bar so I went for an old favorite during my sorority days...jack and diet coke. Huge mistake. I don't know what I was thinking. Maybe it was my sudden urge to do more before I turned 26, maybe I thought I would drink it slower, I have no idea but it was not pretty. The next morning I had to arise bright and early for children's choir and let's just say it was not my finest hour. Nothing came up but my head kept throbbing and cursing my thoughtless drinking! Sadly, I only had 1 and a couple of sips of another drink and it did it in for me. I guess we should look on the bright side of things, I've become a totally cheap date and with our economy nobody can complain about that. Plus, it takes way fewer calories. So lesson learned is: I still plan on trying new things etc before I enter that horrid stage of the upper twenties but my former boyfriend Jack will be dumped permanently and we will never fling again. Ever. I did "buck up and do" and got up for church like a good little Episcopalian girl on Sunday (church where I felt awful pictured left). I went to church and then went back to bed for some much needed recuperation. As I began preparing for the Superbowl, Philip told me the best news of the entire weekend...he downloaded all of the newest episodes of Big Love (pictured right) for me. Holy Lord God, my life is complete. Previously I had HBO but I felt that times were tough I should cancel it, but oh how I've missed my shows...most of all Big Love. Who cannot enjoy this show of crazies hiding their polygamy? It is so twisted and dramatic, I love it. Secretly I want to pretend that I am a polygamist so I can get inside the cult and do a whole Lisa Ling style documentary...no worries that is a fleeting thought before I come back to reality. Plus their dresses are so ugly. After two glorious hours of Big Love we went to a Super Bowl party with St. Peter's folks and enjoyed the boring Super Bowl. I really didn't care about either team and the commercials were pretty lame. After the Super Bowl we came home and watched the hilarious after Super Bowl special hour of The Office. Amazing. Wow, as I write I just realized how much television I watched yesterday. Kind of gross. Maybe I shouldn't say bye bye to Jack just yet.



Well I better get back to work, I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. For Natalie's News this has been Natalie Corinne.

3 comments:

Shari Bac said...

You're getting another kitty!! Yeah!! Boy or girl? Name? Color? I need details!!

Natalie Corinne said...

the new kitten is grey with a little white face. She's a girl and is so tiny. I'm thinking Millie for the name but am not sure yet :) I can get her in two weeks! Yay!

Shari Bac said...

The poor little baby.... 3 weeks and at a shelter. I wonder what happened to her mommy. But she'll have a new and wonderful mommy now -- YOU!!. Gray and white, I've always wanted a gray and white kittsy. I can't wait to see her and Millie is a cute name!! If you go and visit her, be sure and take a pic!