Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas Break

I have really ejoyed break... wanna know why?!

Top 6 Holiday break countdown!


6. Sleeping in. OMG. I am in trouble next week because the last few mornings I have gotten up "early" by 8AM to pack. Considering my normal alarm time is several hours prior to 8AM I am in some kind of trouble going back.
5. Bikram Yoga. Thanks to Meagan I have become a wannabe yogi and am totally on the Bikram bandwagon. I began going before break and had to go the late 6:30 class and then wasn't home until 8:30 and then it was like bam! I am starving and I need sleep. This break I have gone with the rest of the non work force to the morning class and it is GLORIOUS. I feel these people have a real pride about their dedication to Bikram and I was able to bask in their pretentious glory. The classes are very crowded and I finally asked a lady one day, " is this class always this crowded?" and she seriously responds with, "oh yes, well most of us are very dedicated to making our body our temple". In my head I am screaming SERIOUSLY? But when in Rome... (smile and nod and then judge silently, obvi)

4. Being a lady who lunches. With so many wonderful friends in town from their exotic locations I have wanted to see everyone and lunch seemed the perfect time to do that. I saw my long lost friend Sarah and her new baby who were in town from Denver, Lindsay in town from NYC, Jenny and Byrd from Oxford, and Meagan from LA. I also went to lunch with Nashville friends who usually cannot go out because of work schedules. Although I would not want to do this all the time, it was SO nice having a real lunch break. Ordinarily, all 100+ employees are racing to get the better of two bad microwaves and choke our half frozen half burned food down. But not this break. I ate salads, laughed leisurely, and sipped coffee (and perhaps something else too) and loved every minute. Splendid.
3. Christmas parties. P and I were lucky enough to be invited to several parties this year, many on work nights. We go out regularly but usually I have that lingering or more accurately nagging pesky countdown of the hours until my alarm goes off in my head accompanied with the never ending check list of things to do before returning the next day. This year all of that disappeared. Another glass? Yes, and make it a big girl glass!

2. Helping consumer confidence. I did a lot of the shopping this year and was able to do it... leisurely. I didn't have to scramble to do it all in a day or two. I shopped around, found deals online, etc. I felt so organized and of course responsible because this year more than any I really helped the economy so, you're welcome, America.
1. And the last and OBVIOUS best!!! MY FAMILY. Although I feel like we never have enough time together the best part was obviously being with the best family in the entire world (sorry, yours is good too). I could be with them for 1,000 year or 10 minutes and it is never long enough. We had fun at Kemper CChristmas and on Christmas Eve! I love you so much! Below are pictures of our extended family Christmas. I took some pictures on Christmas but we look so.."all natural" I refuse to post them! Deal.

I hope everyone has enjoyed the holidays as much as I did! For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne.

No comments: