I am so lucky that I have kept in touch with 2 amazing friends from college. After college it was easier seeing each other at least once a year. Either at a wedding, football game, baby shower, etc. we seem to see each other pretty regularly. Then we all moved farther away and the marriages every other weekend eased up a bit (picking up again lately, though) and Ole Miss games became fewer and farther between. Anyway, we decided that we needed to see each other once a year and we shouldn't wait for a wedding or some other event! Last year we went to Colorado to visit the Waters and had so much fun. This year Whitney actually moved to Nashville, which wasn't required for the girls weekend, however has made life very fun. Rebecca joined from Houston and I was so happy to have my girls all together.
 |
| Girls Weekend 2011 |
 |
| Girls weekend 2012 |
Thursday morning I picked up Rebecca from the airport and we went on a walk while Whitney was at work. We caught up after walking over some delicious Texas coffee, we met Whitney for lunch and saw her office at headquarters. After lunch, Rebecca and I went and got pedicures and had the weirdest experience with a salon, EVER. The pedicurist (?) was one of those who entered our conversations constantly and told us, "she wanted to be like us when she got old". Thanks 19 year old. Thursday night we went to the Frist Center art museum and then dinner at Urban Grub and enjoyed catching up even more. Friday we got up early and went on a long walk with the doggies and then took the picturesque drive to Lynchburg for the Jack Daniel's distillery.
 |
| Rebecca with the replica of Jack Daniel. Only 5'2 and size 4 shoes! |
 |
| We have to go on at least one tour a day while together. That's the rule. |
 |
Posing in front of the cave water.
After the day learning all there was to know about whiskey, we continued our alcoholic escapades with a picnic at Arrington Vineyard. |
 |
Some of the ladies at Arrington.
Friday night after the vineyard, we went home and watched the opening ceremonies of the Olympics and were kind of confused by all of that cray cray but that is another story. Saturday morning we went to brunch at Mad Donna's in East Nashville. I love this part of town but the construction was so awful, I missed the suburbs tons...the minivans, the soccer moms, the beautifully paved roads and lack of construction. You can make as much fun of me as you want....I totally don't care. Suburbs are the best. Anyway, after what felt like hours of driving, we finally ate and then went to the famous Country Music Hall of Fame (tour of the day!). |
 |
| Rebecca with Dolly at the Country Music Hall of Fame. |
 |
| Whitney with her hometown hero. |
After being shut out by Olive and Sinclair and a meltdown by the driver (ME) about all of the construction and road closures, I finally called uncle and took myself back to the suburbs where I will not be leaving for at least a month. After we arrived in the promise land, we went to Sopapillas for a snack and a road construction detox.
 |
Being the fabulous hostess I am, we came home and I fell asleep in the recliner for over an hour leaving my guests to entertain themselves. After all the gallivanting, we were all exhausted and spent a WILD Saturday night at home, eating leftovers from the Arrington picnic and watching the Olympics. Replace this couch with the big blue one at the AOII house and you could swear it was 8 years ago, easy.
Our weekend ended with a very early flight for Ms. Bertrand requiring us to leave at 4:30. Sweet P got up and took us very early and all too quickly, my favorite Texan was gone!
Not the crazy weekend of last year but just doing anything with these ladies is such a fun time. I'm so glad I bought you so long ago.
For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne. |
4 comments:
I love it. I just lol'd in my cube.
Thanks for such a fun fun weekend! It was a great visit to the TN hill country.
you are not alone...whenever I leave East Nashville, I always crave the suburbs. I get anxiety with all the construction and the possibility that I might hit someone on gallatin road. Its a crap shoot.
Thank you, Kimmie. I felt very uncool writing this but freeing being so honest and it feels good having someone as cool and hipster as you agreeing. Burbs = bitchin.
Sounds like a fun weekend!
Post a Comment