I was so happy to celebrate my dear friend Lindsay's wedding to our favorite Canadian, Andrew. Philip and I left for Thursday for NYC. We were so excited to celebrate Lindsay and also happy to get away for a weekend. We were unable to take a vacation this year so a weekend away felt amazing!
Thursday we arrived in NYC around 3PM and checked in our hotel. Philip worked his magic and we were able to use points. Here is our view! Such a nice home for a long weekend!
We quickly met with our sweet friend Meagan and later walked around Little Italy and the East Village.
The last 2 times Philip and I went to NYC, he tore up Chinatown. I mean, spent hours, bought all things possible. This time surprisingly, I was the only one who spent anything. I talked this guy into selling me a bottle of my precious Dior for $20.00 Finally we left to the East Village on a huge pilgrimage to find one of the "best" crepes in the city. (the only one I had, but I would give a limb for it)
| must be worth it, look at the huge lines |
So delicious! I could have eaten 1,000 of these.
Friday I was finally able to see the beautiful bride and some more friends. Mollie planned a gorgeous brunch at The Train Bleu in Bloomingdales. It was inside an old train car and such a great location.
After lunch, Mollie, Nelson, P and I went on a long walk of 5th avenue and Central Park. After getting off the wrong subway station, and walking 30 extra blocks, we arrived at the rehearsal dinner at Dinosaur Barbecue in Harlem.
| Of course we had to play some prom pictures. |
| PROM! |
Saturday morning P and I went walking around Pier 17. These people were attempting trapeze flips and it was so fun watching! It reminded me of that Sex and the City episode and I believe Carrie did this here!
After Pier 17, we went to Chelsea market and walked around for a while and then had lunch.
How often do you eat a whole lobster for lunch? We saw it and just decided, why not? After lunch we went back to the hotel and got ready for the big event, Lindsay and Andrew's wedding!
The wedding was at Blue Hill at Stone Farms in Terry town. It was so gorgeous and such a fabulous location. Everything was perfect and so much fun.
This meal was so amazing. I knew Andrew and Lindsay were obvious foodies and they did not disappoint! It was so delicious!
After the amazing wedding, we went home on "the party bus". If I learned one thing from this weekend, I learned that Canadians know more songs and drinking cheers than I knew were possible. As Tom Campion said, "Canada is the frattiest country ever".
Sunday morning Philip and I went to breakfast in the West Village. It was SO good and such a great way to end the weekend!
And last but not least, we stopped by Magnolia Bakery and somehow managed to share a cupcake and even brought some home for Sharon and Ashley.
We went home tired and happy. We had so much fun and felt so lucky to be included in Lindsay and Andrew's special day. They are such a fantastic couple and we couldn't be happier for them!
For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne.
2 comments:
yay! I have been waiting for a recap. Their venue was gorgeous...like a lord of the rings house (<---Im a dork)
Okay, with the risk of you no longer liking me, I haven't seen lord of the rings!!!! But yes, their venue was amazing!!!!
Post a Comment