Rest assured, this will NOT be a political posts. I'm so sick of all of it, I quit watching the news unless it was about Sandy. Obviously I think of my Mom all the time but this morning I am struck by her patriotism and thinking of her more than usual. There wasn't a time I can remember that she didn't cry after she voted. She was so sweet and would say something like, "we are just so fortunate to live in a country where we are allowed this privilege, it's just overwhelming". The first time I voted she made me sit outside of the Nolensville library and take a picture.
Losing Mom has been the hardest challenge ever, but I don't think anyone is prepared for all the little things. When you're close to someone and you know all their "innards" or "good stuff" it makes it so much harder and so much more beautiful at the same time.
Happy election day!
For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne.
3 comments:
Hey Nat! It's a privilege and a "good thing" she passed on to you, and you'll pass on to Baby Pratt:). I think of my mom every time I step out of the voting booth, and will make sure that Clayton values that privilege like we do. Love you! CJ
beautifully said, lovely!
Natalie, this is the sweetest story and one I didn't know about my own sister. I'm glad you shared. I shouldn't be surprised, though. After you were born, at every opportunity, if she could, she would take you to see any President who came close to Nashville. Also, back in the 80s, she and your dad took you and you all participated in the We Are The World Hands Across America. The best parents ever....
Post a Comment