Monday, January 12, 2009

apples to apples

This weekend seemed long and too short at the same time. I got to do some relaxing and productive stuff but Sunday night always feels scary and anxious to me. A new week is beginning at school and I am in charge, yikes. This Sunday was different though because the only person who could save America was finally back in my life... Jack Bauer. Oh Jack. He has given more than his time.. he saved the entire country from countless terrorist attacks and threats and now we are questioning him! What's up with that? If you cannot tell I am talking about one of the greatest shows ever, 24. The first part of the 2 night season opener premiered last night and it was intense in a new way. There were so many new people that I don't know if I can trust yet.. Where is Chloe, Bill, I'd even be happy to see Milo, but no. CTU has been disbanded and Jack is now helping the FBI. I have no idea why I am so drawn to 24, it is very dare I say it.. Republican of me. I guess I will chose to see beyond party lines and just admit that I love this show! Tonight is another 2 hour installment and I cannot wait to see the drama unfold.

In other news, Saturday night we went over to my friend Jessica's house for some "mature" entertainment. Life really does change when you're an adult. Three couples came over and we ate healthy appetizers like humus and drank wine and played games, it really was a great time. Jessica is married and they have a lovely home with matching glassware and it really hit me... I am an adult. I know this should sound obvious but a certain points it really just hits you. For so long I was a student and was accustomed to seeing mismatched utensils and Walmart plates but I feel like I one of the few and maybe proud who still continues this "way of life". All of my utensils are a "vintage collection" of handy me downs and bargain finds. When should one decide..I need adult stuff. Sure my chipped plates and mismatched chairs are charming in a way but am I missing the boat on something? Is it wrong that I still would rather shop for clothes and go out rather than have nice home stuff? In life it would be convenient if there was some book to tell you when you should need, do or have things. I have found none such book...anyway after enough socializing we started playing board games and I discovered an instant favorite that we should all own and play. It's called Apples to Apples. Virtually anyone can play it and it would for sure be fun for any group! I think it might be a new family hit too, no worries we can still play catch phrase.
Well I better go teach young minds. I hope everyone has a wonderful start to their work week. For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne.

3 comments:

Shari Bac said...

I'm excited to see that you found out about Apples to Apples. We've been playing that for awhile and it is so fun!! Carly's boyfriend even gave us an additional pack of cards for it for Xmas this year.

Ray said...

I think you have your priorities right...spend on on looking good and the experiences of life. The home decor is purely secondary... However don't knock the hand me downs since a lot of them are from me! :)
Uncle Ray

Natalie Corinne said...

your stuff is the best stuff I"ve got, Ray!