ders in NYC but I would be shamed if I neglected to mention the wonders of the New Years Resolution. Each year I seem to make very broad resolutions that are not met but this year I am making very specific resolutions. Of course I have the generic goals of getting in better shape, blah blah.. but I have better ones I promise...I would share all of them on the blog but some I think might inhibit some potential career options so if you wish to know.. call the cell. BUT... if YOUR resolutions are open to share please do so in the comment section.. plus I hate it when I don't get comments, yeah I'm shallow.In other news I SPENT NEW YEARS IN NEW YORK CITY. Yup, that's right, I was in Manhattan for New Years. After the trek to Harlem and Chinatown we came back to the apartment and chilled with Lindsay and Andrew for a while and by the grace of God Andrew saved New Year's by get
ting us into this awesome sushi place. After dinner we stopped by September Wines and got supplies ready for the night. At midnight we watched with the rest of America all of those crazies who braved the insane windchill of 2 degrees in time square. Honestly I have always dreamed of being in the midst of the craziness to actually see the ball drop, but maybe it's the maturity that has come with my 25 years, or maybe the windburn from previous days really changed my earlier desires. I was so happy to stay in and count down watching the big television with lots of champagne. Maybe it because I was in New York, or maybe it was because I did not feel forced to have fun but this really was the best New Years ever.Day five began with of course EVERYONE sleeping in and me being annoying and waking everyone up. I do believe the entire apartment would have slept until noon or later if it were not for me walking around "politely" reminding everyone where we were and the
plans we had previously made. Hungover or not, we are in New York and cold weather and too much alcohol will not prevent me or anyone else I know from getting out.. and that's final. Around 11:00 we walked half of a block to the famous Katz's Delicatessen (pictured left) and feasted on massive sandwiches. After lunch we took the subway to Macy's and then Lord and Taylor to shopped a while. Then we went to Central Park and saw the ice skating rink, pretty bridges, and the Alice and Wonderland statue. When finally the cold was too much for us we met back up with Lindsay and Andrew at Magnolia Bakery on Bleeker Street. Luckily for us they beat us there and the line was not too long. We got HUGE cupcakes to go and walked around the west village and enjoyed the adorable shops and houses. After an hour or so of walking around we went back to the apartment and hung out. Later we went to a Thai place called Sea (pictured right) in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. This was really
great because we got to see where Linsday and Andrew used to live and go across the Williamsburg bridge which gave the great view of the city. Dinner was so amazing. For some reason the restaurant was totally posh but inexpensive. We had pomegranate mojitos, several appetizers, and amazing shrimp pad Thai, and other meals. Now we're back at the apartment and are enjoying our last night in the city. Tomorrow we are planning on going to the financial district to see Wall Street and walk over the Brooklyn bridge and finally to the Brooklyn promenade to see great views of the city. After that we are stopping back by Chinatown and Little Italy and will leave for the airport around 4:15. This really has been the best trip and we have been so lucky to see so much! The family will pick us up in Nashville tomorrow night and we will be forced to resume our regular lives on Monday...booo.....Well I need to get back to enjoying my last night in the big apple! For Natalie's News this has been Natalie-Corinne.
2 comments:
OMG I can't believe you went to Sea---I love that place!!! Last time I was in Brooklyn I had the pad thai and mojitos as well!!! I don't know if anyone told you, but they filmed an episode of Sex & the City there (or so I was told...) Did you use the bathroom?!? They're kinda odd, but pretty...
Glad you're having fun in NYC. What a great way to start 2009. Hopefully I'll catch up with you and the gang in Oxford this spring. Best of Luck till then!!!
When you gonna just move up there! Someone needs to replace CArrie Bradshaw now that she is married and you already have your blog going!
Post a Comment