.March 2nd: Close friend calls of wedding. Help address 1000 envelopes canceling the wedding. She is doing remarkably well and I am super proud off her!
March 3: turned 26. Lets not talk about it. No, seriously, I got to celebrate so many times. It was really wonderful.
March 5: Wallet is stolen at school. Another long, long story... and no I have not found it. Mom comes into town and we go out with friends to Thacker Mountain Radio show and then to dinner and drinks. All on Mom of course, no wallet = no money.
March 6: Finally perform black history program at school. We have worked on this for so long and if you read the previous blog you know of just some of the drama. I have found costumes, sound equipm
ent, dance moves etc for this production. All goes well except for two renegade eighth graders who decide to get early experience on their future stripper careers by provocatively dancing with out permission in front of my bosses, student body, and mother. Other students cried and were accompanied by angry mothers. Another angry student yelled at me again in front of Mom and finally after me yelling several time to get out of my room she ended the episode with a hand in the face and a stern "holla". Mom leaves quickly because I have to take care of major middle school drama and she is close to hitting rude girl yelling at her daughter and I do not make enough bank as a teacher to provide bail money.March 8: Children's choir sings at church and I attend two services and get ready for the dreaded Monday that will be filled with conferences about the "incident" on Friday.
March 9: Actually not too bad. All the kids are talking about the incident and I am
happy to report they did not think the girls were cool rather trashy. Small success.March 10: Am called into the office I think to talk about the "incident". No. Some kid told his parent I called him gay. WHAT? I love the gays. I would never use that as an insult. I want to divulge my love for... Prada, hair gel, hot abs, Kathy Griffin, show tunes, the Episcopal church and everything else I share with the stereotypical gay population. But my I am not so sure how my conservative boss will take this confession and just tell the truth. I have never or will never use that as an insult. There must be some misunderstanding. He believes me, all is okay, for now.
March 11: Completely out of money. I go to the bank during my planning period and be
g for them to let me withdraw with out a drivers licence. I cannot get a drivers license until I get cash. The only form of ID I have is my school ID and the nice ladies let me get money.March 12: Auditions for the American Idoleque competition I am presenting begin at school. Meryl Streep should retire in awe of my amazing acting abilities. Keeping a supportive face during the many renditions of Beyonce and Alicia Keys catastrophes is flawless.
March 13: Almost as good as Christmas... it's Friday and Spring Break is alm
ost here! I just keep counting down the hours until I do not have to see junior high kids until the 23rd. Praise God. Right after school I drive to Nashville.. all the way in the rain.March 14: No sleep for the weary. We're up bright and early and off to Atlanta to stay with uncle Ray and see Ben. We drive in basically a tsunami to Atlanta and of course the game is rained out. This is actually awesome because we get to see brother Ben all day long and celebrate my birthday one more time!
Now we're here in Atlanta. Ray made an amazing cake and we just ate dinner and took Ben back to his hotel that he is required to stay at with his team. We all feel like collapsing and I think that will occur all too soon. More this week during spring break 09. For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne.
1 comment:
Well, I am glad to say I was there along with you for many of your big events you were catching up on! You did an amazing job with your kids and we will not let a couple of trashy little girls ruin it for all the other kids who were so fantastic and so CUTE!! Tina Turner dancers without Tina were my favorites and second fave was Destiny's Child without the 3rd member. I love how they just went on without all the members and they were the stars!!
Happy Birthday, too, I Love YOU!! Hollah, Mom
Post a Comment