Friday, March 20, 2009

spring break recap

I blinked and it is already Friday of Spring Break. Where did all this time go? I shall try to recap. After the fun trip to Atlanta we went back to Nashville for a couple of days with the family. While in Nashville mother Michelle and I went on one of our epic shopping trips and visited almost every Target in the middle Tennessee area to find certain dishes. We are known for our day long shopping adventures that always begin with the goal of a short trip to the mall and always end up with a day long adventure that brings us to do crazy things such as go to the Old Town Pottery Outlet with a uhaul attached to the car that neither of us can turn properly. No stops with a uhaul on this trip but shopping was no less adventurous and successful. After Nashville I made a tour on Highway 40 West to Arkansas. I must say I have underestimated West Arkansas. Forever I thought (like most do) that the entire state of Arkansas was filled with toothless Republicans who would try to get me to join their Baptist church. But I have been mistaken. Although this city is aching with out the presence of milk (who knew there were still dry places?!...hello Prohibition is over and who ya kidding.. give that tax money to some schools! Arkansas is the lowest in education by mistake!) surrounding areas are not half bad. In Arkansas I have experienced such excitement such as: sleeping until 8am, riding an exercise bike during the middle of the day while watching the View, buying oranges off the side of the road, and wait for it wait for it, driving around the square and going to antique stores. Although the average pace of this place is around 15mph it is a nice break from the craziness that is my life. I can tell that I am starting to get a little stir crazy though. I have not felt bored but I noticed that I was creating little projects. For example, yesterday I was determined to have fiesta night. I went to dollar tree and bought fun cactus margarita glasses, little pin wheels and lanterns for decorations. I bought tons of ingredients to make my Mexican fiesta. It was really fun but I realized that another week of this and I would be going a little crazy. There is hope though. Today I traveled to another town that I really liked and later we are going to a winery (where I will steal as much wine as possible). Apparently there are a lot of wineries in Arkansas..who knew? Maybe this little oasis of a winery will be the Napa valley of the south. We shall see.
In other news, Papa Pete and Mother Michelle had a wonderful night at the Blue Bird Cafe in Nashville last night for Pete's 39th Birthday. Although there was a slight problem at the Blue Bird. The family ordered beer (of course) and the waitress neglected to bring a glass. What? When did beer drinking become so looked down upon? Are we not human? Bring a glass? Who wants to drink out of a bottle that's all wet and and creates drinking wrinkles around the mouth? Treat us like humans and bring a beer glass. This is Natalie and I approve this message.
Well I am off for lunch to meet some new Arkansas folks. As I look over the above blog I'm disturbed with the amount of "milk" references. More subjects in the future, I promise! I hope everyone has a wonderful start to the weekend! For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne.

1 comment:

Ray said...

Hun, have you been in Mississippi too long! :) But we must not forget that America's true Idols, Bill and Hillary Clinton, came from that state! I do know some good peoples from Arkansas, so I'll keep an open mind. :) Love ya!
Uncle Ray