, there is only 9 school days until my next PAID vacation, just feeling nice. Then it happened... I had to meet with the insurance people. Last year when I met with these vultures and was almost committed after the stress they induced. But this year I felt confident and walked in and sat down planning on spending the maximum of five minutes with the insurance man. He looks at me and says,"do you like cats?" and I say, "yes I do, I have a kitten named Millie" then he tells me a terrible story about his cat being hit by a car and dying while he was out of town. I politely listen but want to scream I have one break all day when I can go to the bathroom, please hurry it up. So then I guess he assumes (like a lot of Repubs do down here) that every single and white woman is conservative. He pulls out this article with Dave Ra
msey and says, "do you know of Dave Ramsey? He says you need disability and I know a smart GIRL like you would do what he says" Okay...okay.. stay calm. I want to look at him and tell him that this GIRL manages to control 150 students raging with hormones and then use my words to cut his soul out make him question life but I stop and say, "no". Of course he is a salesman so he persists and persists..this does not bother me as much because we all have to make a living so I give him some credit but I say "no." Then....he begins talking to me about retirement and the big bad new government. "Obama's gonna take all our money, don't think these bailouts are gonna help any of us. They are gonna have us paying 80% of our income by the time you're in your 40s. They will take all your money away, you better put some more in retirement." With my mouth hanging open and my frown lines bla
zing he is aware that I am not in agreement with him and looks panicked. I respond with "well oh this mess..yes it is a mess..do you remember how we got in this mess?" he looks at me without anything to say and of course I continue "and furthermore, we do not know each other I would appreciate you not using insulting, untrue comments to scare people into buying your product that you get a commission out of". Don't get me wrong, retirement is important, I have a plan, but this guy just set me off. Finally we moved on and has the nerve to ask me if I want life insurance for MY CAT...I give him a look I only reserve for cheaters and cussers and he takes that as a "no" and finishes my paper work quickly.So some rules to live by: (that I thought we all knew)
One: Refrain from insulting any politics, religion, etc, especially when you're t
rying to make some money.
rying to make some money. Secondly: Don't be an idiot.
In other news: Goober Sam celebrated his birthday this weekend in Indiana. I am told that he had many friends over and enjoyed presents and fun for his big day! We all wish we could have celebrated with the young chap but I am sure he enjoyed himself in his usual Sam style!
I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend, I will publish a weekend update soon! For Natalie's News this has been Natalie-Corinne.
1 comment:
I am so glad you put that chauvanistic salesman in his place and showed him that just because you are a young woman, that you are not uninformed or empty-headed.
Thanks for calling Sam on his day and sorry we missed you. Check Facebook for why we missed you and the pictures will probably help you understand why I was too tired to call back and needed to recuperate. :)
Post a Comment