Thursday, April 28, 2011

So long, farewell...



Brother Ben beat finals, mono, a car wreck and worried family members and is making it to the airport to go to the Galapagos Islands. The brainy brother will conduct research for five weeks! Secretly I'm hoping to score a pet turtle out of the whole excursion, but I think stealing endangered species is "frowned upon" boo...come on Tea party, get on your big government and let Ben bring home a turtle! We will all miss the little brother but can't wait to see pictures and hear the tales of this awesome trip. I know he is going to the populated island for the majority of his stay but I still imagine him Tom Hanks, Cast Away style, in a hut, sweating all the time, using his sun dial to tell time, and blowing into a shell to alert others of some dangerous prehistoric animal he will discover.

In other news, my fabulous uncle Ray gets in town tonight. We are meeting at his hotel and going to happy hour and dinner. Cannot wait to see the man that taught me everything I need to know in life from "The Sound of Music". I predict some dancing! For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne.

1 comment:

RBert said...

i love that your family matches my family's respect/love for TSOM.