The hype has been out of control so we decided watching it. At first I thought it was good but..not that good. But something about it makes you want to keep watching.
Maybe it's all the jealousy, backstabbing, secret romances, and class warfare that does it for me.
No, that can't be it. Hello? This show comes on PBS and I've heard stories on NPR about it. This show is the intellectual drama. You have to have some understanding of history to catch references and appreciate it's subtleties....or that's what I'll keep telling my pompous self...Fine, I'll admit it... Downton is basically a glorified soap opera. It makes me feel intelligent because of the British accents, gorgeous early 1900s fashion, and awkward silences that only the Brits can pull off but at the end of the day it's the same old he said/she said drama that I can't get enough of.
When Mad Men was all the rage the fashion was all about 1950's. I'm wondering if these looks will begin making a come back.
I LOVE the drama of this look...but can't see myself teaching in this...We shall see.
For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne.





3 comments:
OMG we can be even better friends now! I love it. Please let me know what episode you're on. I'm saddened I have to wait for season 3.
I need to catch up. I watched the first episode and loved it just haven't had time to finish it. My boyfriend is OBSESSED with this and I'm pretty sure he may/will break up with me if I don't catch up.
I've also started watching it. Have you seen the saturday night skit on it? It's pretty funny. Love Maggie Smith!
Post a Comment