Sunday, February 12, 2012

Wake up call

I almost don't realize this wonderful feeling. It's like someone allowed me to not work on weekends and sleep in with out the use of an evil, torture devise known to most as an alarm clock. Oh wait, that's exactly what just happened. No musical, no freshman parent forums, nothing to do with mid or all-state choirs, nothing. I slept until wait for it...8:30 on Saturday AND Sunday.
Regrettably I took no pictures from this weekend so reenactments from cats will have to do.
I cannot remember a time in recent memory where I have felt this good and rested! Thankfully church had a women's retreat and although I am a woman  I decided to skip the retreat with the lovely church ladies have my own type of retreat with my family and hubby! Since so many were gone we didn't even have church choir this morning...thus the morning off to sleep in! Not trying to brag about skipping church and all of you who are about to judge/condemn/preach to me about the values of church can just skip on to another blog because I feel amazing and there's nothing you can do about it.
yup, still going with the cat reenactments. See them laughing?
The perfect storm of a weekend began Friday night with a quick stop by BHS to see my student sing the anthem and then we met Mom Dad, and UNCLE RAY in town from Seattle for dinner. Well he was in town to see the family not to go to dinner at the oh so fine dining establishment of Chili's but you get my point. The weekend continued with a visit at my parents house with Ray, Shari, and Lisa! They told story after story about visiting Grandma's house and the endless hours of fun there consisting of games like swinging statues where my Mom would spin a cousin or sibling and then throw (hurl) them and they had to stop in some sort of statuesque pose. Or classics like bicycle chicken ( I am giving this game a name because no one could remember the name) where a child would ride as close to the curb while the other kids kept their feet on the side of the road as long as possible before moving their feet with only valuable seconds to spare before the bike crushed their tiny toes. The kids would also test fate by riding close to the home with the crazed dog who would always run after them and bite at their legs. Lastly on rainy days the cousins talked about playing "coloring contests" where my Mom would use her ruler to point out mistakes as head coloring judge. ("I was tough but I was fair" Michelle) They would also sing hymns on the front porch with a Church of Christ hymnal and just once they called on the spirits of JFK and Abraham Lincoln to thunder if their presence was there...of like it often does during a storm, thunder and lighting crashed down thus ending their playing with the Ouija board. I loved hearing their stories but even more I enjoyed seeing my Mom and family laugh so hard!

Seriously? still the cats?

Today we helped P's Mom and sister get some stuff done around their new house (we= P) and we organized, cleaned and as lame as that sounds, it was so nice to just be HOME. With a quick stop from soon-to-be Mommy again Sarah along with Kyle and little Holden we enjoyed catching up with the parents...and Holden enjoyed playing with our front door.
With such a nice weekend almost over it leave me with only one thing to do.

Pray for snow.

For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne.

ps. I haven't been under a rock. I realize Whitney is no longer with us (Houston not Whit Gent). I haven't figured out how to create a blog post about her glory. It will come...just be patient.

3 comments:

Shari Bac said...

I'm glad you were there to enjoy our "glory days!" It was a wonderful weekend seeing your mama feeling so good. Love you and your blog, sweet niece! Thank you for the V'day candy too!!!

Shari Bac said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
michelle said...

I laughed as hard at your re-counting of our tall tales as I did when we were telling them! I guess that proves in L'burg we did as Grandma Johnston told us to, we 'made our own fun'.
So glad you had a perfect weekend:)