Monday, February 20, 2012

Relay for Life

Some of you may know this but cancer reared it's ugly (ummm ugly is not cutting it..I'm thinking pimply infested, bad face job, 30 years of tanning bed paired with a meth addiction is more appropriate) face in our life recently. There are the very feelings that come with this blow but then there are some that I didn't realize I would have.

WHAT CAN I DO? 

It's so frustrating. You can be supportive, try to be fun, etc. But I want to do something that will change this..for the positive. Surprisingly, being a musician, I have no research, skills, or knowledge to add to the cause. (I know, cray) A lot of friends have been inspirational, like Kimmie who donated all her hair, and Jenna who is involved with Susan B. Komen,  and countless others who share their time and talents and I still felt like I had nothing to do. I wanted something I could do now was kind of frustrated. Honestly, I needed a project so I could feel like I was contributing in some way and not sitting idely. People deal in different ways and I attribute my "have to do something" to my Mom's countless "buck up and do" speeches. Anyway, while not doing anything one day I saw this facebook status from high school bud.
Ok friends mark your calendar for May 4th its Williamson County Relay for Life, come support American Cancer Society message me for more details.

I didn't know just tons about it but I messaged her and am now the proud team leader of the BHS team. Woot. We relay May 4th and I would LOVE and of your support possible. If you can join the team or donate in any way, I would greatly appreciate it. I have fabulous friends and Jessica  has already offered to have some sort of promotion with Stella and Dot (more details laters).

But in the meantime...
Please visit....



We are just in the beginning stages and I've just emailed my students, requested announcements, and am attempting to rally some troops. I think this is a great organization and selfishly a fabulous way to feel like I'm doing something productive.


"Hope has two beautiful daughters - their names are anger and courage; anger at the way things are, and courage to see that they do not remain the way they are." - St. Augustine

Please consider helping if you can for a great cause! Any amount can go a long way.

For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I will help in any way possible. You know I hate cancer equally as much as you do. So proud of you for doing this.

michelle said...

Every day, in every way, I am so proud of this amazing daughter of mine! You help me fight this ugly disease with your kindness, strength, get-it-done attitude, protecting my momma-ness, being so fun sometimes I hurt from laughing, just the right amount of 'showing out', and being there every day with texts, phone calls and best of all...visits with tons of hugs and kisses!I'm so proud of you, Mrs. BHS Team Captain!!!!!!!!

michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.