Sunday, October 28, 2012

Seattle

Last weekend Ben, P and I went to Seattle to visit our uncles Ray and Robin. I was so ready for our family reunion/ Babymoon and we had such a fun time! Friday night we arrived in Seattle around 9PM (11 our time) and pregnancy hunger had taken over my soul. Let's take a minute to talk about pregnancy hunger. It's like nothing else. All the sudden you're doing your thing and then all the sudden! Bam, you're so hungry, you seriously contemplate stealing food from an elderly lady while attempting to not puke or cry or both. So, yeah I was at that stage of hunger. We went back to the amazing Frasier-style apt and P, Ray and I got on their private, European-size elevator that goes directly to their condo. Well, obviously we were over the weight limit because it stopped in between floors. Panic immediately set in and I felt myself begin to get really hot and kept repeating to myself that my initial plan of screaming and weeping would help no one. I kept thinking the elevator was going to drop and immediately I began thinking of how I would survive the crash. Would I stand on my suit case? Would that be enough to brace the fall? Or should I just try to time the fall and jump? Robin was able to get the door open and gave Ray a step ladder for him to jimmy himself in between the floors. I didn't say it but I was so stressed that the elevator would begin working while he was in between floors but I just put it out of my mind and he was able to get in the apartment easily. With Ray out, the weight limit wasn't maxed and we were able to get to safety. Obviously, I did not get back in the death trap aka elevator for the rest of the trip. The rest of the night was far less dramatic. Robin made an amazing dinner for P and I that included a yummy mocktail. 

Saturday morning we went to Top Pot Donuts and had a few (box!) of donuts..you know for nourishment. 

After carb loading we went to the Space Needle. 




I'm so glad we went on this day. The weather was nice and we were able to see so much. Such a great view!





Up next...Pikes Place Market! For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne. 

No comments: