Tuesday, March 12, 2013

dirty thirty


In between baby madness I turned the big 3-0!! I had a lot of mixed emotions about this birthday. I thought I would be kind of sad because I was no longer in my 20s (let's keep this between us, k? As Ray said, this is my second anniversary of my 29th b'day and I should really never admit to anything otherwise) this would be the first birthday without Mom and I had not accomplished all the goals I wanted to do by this point. I will admit I was sad about Mom because Moms just make birthdays, don't they? But other than that the goals, the number 30, etc. didn't really bother me. Maybe it's the severe lack of sleep but I couldn't of cared less. I had a sweet weekend and was lucky people wanted to celebrate. It wasn't the knock out party one might have expected for a milestone birthday but it was just what we wanted! 

My Mom started getting our cakes at Home Style Bakery when I was born and I've had a cake there every year! Mom cried when picking up my 18th birthday cake and I just had to continue this tradition even though it's really out of the way now. 
On Saturday I went and got a haircut. Pre-baby I would have read this and thought Good Lord her life is sad that she's blogging about this but it was really fantastic and go ahead and judge. After going back home for a while, Dad took me shopping for birthday presents! We always have so much fun together. We did Christmas shopping together too and it was one of my favorite parts about the holidays. Saturday night Sharon stayed with our little man and we to dinner. Why did I not take any pictures? Exactly. I am really good about taking pictures of other people's things but always forget mine! Sunday on my actual birthday I had 3 goals: I wanted a cup of coffee, a nap and a massage! ALL happened! (Decaf coffee b/c of nursing but I'll take it!) 

Ben bought me a massage and it was just what I needed. Austin was fussy when I left which was really heartbreaking so when I arrived he said I looked like I was "just making it". I got the most needed massage I've ever gotten and felt just phenomenal. 

I came home and P totally spoiled me with some fun presents. 

"Austin" gave me these complete with a card written to "Mommy". P even traced his hand. Adorable!! 
Does he know me or what?

Later our families and the beautiful Lindsay came over for dinner. P cooked steak and lobster and once again I didn't take any pictures. Luckily, P took a couple!

We are still in training with the portrait lens! 

Fantastic day with even better people! I am so blessed! 

For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne. 

4 comments:

Shari Bac said...

It sounds like a wonderful birthday!! Ben was so smart about the massage!! Glad you're back blogging!!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you're back!!!

Natalie Corinne said...

yay me too! Kimmie, you inspired me :)

Lindsay said...

YAY great pic. LOVE YOU so glad i could be there