Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas!

Christmas with a little one was so different and amazing. I cannot get over how everything has changed, this year for the better. Since Mom died I haven't felt like any holidays felt "real" and although things still feel totally different, having a little one to share the holiday joy with really felt magical. 

I bought this Santa suit on zulily. Sometimes you can really luck out with this website... not this time. The suit was 6-12 months and the pants were HUGE... this babe is not small and they were hanging off him and the shirt was super tight. I planned for him to wear this on Christmas morning but there was no way that would work so I just tucked his pants into the diaper (super gross) and took a couple of pics. 





His little bump on his eye is the remnant from a huge fall last week with his babysitter. He fell and well, the floor won. 



Santa came! 


For some reason the boys decided the champagne for mimoas needed to be opened "saber style". I kept thinking "you're gonna poke an eye out".. luckily no one did. 

Ugh, didn't realize this was on manual focus... I'm not organized enough to do manual focus with a baby. I can still blame everything on him still, right?








We always go to the same Christmas eve party. Not only were Knox and Austin celebrating their first Christmases, they wore the same outfit. Totally not planned :) We attempted to take pictures with the boys together, but Austin was way too interested in roughly touching 7 week Knox. Austin was really interested in Knox but attempted to show his interest by punching him in the eye. Knox was a good sport, totally laid back and didn't care whatsoever. Thank God. 


Santa has started stopping by this party every year. Olivia has always loved seeing him. Austin on the other hand only loved seeing Olivia. I think my boy might have his first real crush. She was a good sport at first but then when Austin began biting all of her toys, she had other ideas :) 

I wish I could say I had pictures of Austin but he was so scared I had to put my camera down and save my baby from the apparently evil, scary, Santa. 

Christmas at Grandma's. Yes, he is playing with the box. Opening presents here was a bit stressful for Mommy because for some reason we hung out for 2 hours in a room with white carpet and breakables everywhere. He really did a great job and although this child is anything but calm, we managed to keep him in the same room (for the most part) without breaking anything, so I'd say it was a success. 

Already taking my cash. 


After Christmas at the Pratt's and a great nap for Austin, Dad and Ben came back over. We were trying to see Ben as much as possible... his trip was way too short!


Hate that there is a shadow in the background but this sweet face sums up Christmas. Our little boy had so much fun with presents, parties, family and friends! We feel so blessed to be gifted this precious little boy.

Merry Christmas 


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ummm let's discuss that Santa suit! It's totally ridiculous so therefore I love it and am mad every baby doesn't have one!!

Ray said...

I also love the santa suit. I'm just sad that Rocky and Peanut weren't available in their matching ones for a Santa and Elf photo.

He is such a ham in these photos! Reminds me of someone else.... :P