not so valid excuses. For some reason at work my computer quit uploading pictures and for Natalie's News to operate properly the stories must be supplemented with pictures so I felt like I could not longer publish. I mean, I have standards. Secondly, I have been using every second of my planning period like its my job (oh wait it is) to work on school stuff. Although I guess I am more prepared I feel a huge void in my create blog outlet so the kids can deal, I'm blogging.YES WE CAN...OR YES WE DID.

Yes in the blogging void America elected a new president! On election day I volunteered to work and it was very exciting. After volunteering I went over to my teacher friend Jessica's house and she had a little election party. We were all glued to the television awaiting the results. When PA was called for Obama we all
did a little happy dance and felt pretty good about our chances. (Although I do tolerate other's opinions, my friend Jessica does not so none with opposing views were invited... hilarious) We kept watching and socializing and then the moment happened...Obama was named our newest president. The full room was silent. We watched the country celebrate in the streets in cities across our great nation and we all sat in silence. I could not believe it; is this a dream? Sadly, until that wonderful day I had never voted for a winning candidate.. is this what it feels like? Finally we realized this was for sure and we came out of our little coma and started to celebrate. The next at school was so wild, most students were so excited about the news and the halls were filled with shouts for the new president. Probably the most wonderful aspect of the day after was the AMAZING voice mail I received from none other than uncle-of-the-year Ray. His rendition of Lee Greenwood's (scantily pictured right) "proud to be an American" made me really feel the nation's excitement. I suddenly felt the strange urge for a full body American flag tattoo with Obama and Ray's face right in the middle.. possibly where the stars go, the design is not fully finished. If you have any design ideas please e-mail them to me asap. Although I've decided not to go with the tattoo I am open to a mural with the same design on the side of my rental house.. or maybe a surprise present to my parents. They really do deserve the best.
did a little happy dance and felt pretty good about our chances. (Although I do tolerate other's opinions, my friend Jessica does not so none with opposing views were invited... hilarious) We kept watching and socializing and then the moment happened...Obama was named our newest president. The full room was silent. We watched the country celebrate in the streets in cities across our great nation and we all sat in silence. I could not believe it; is this a dream? Sadly, until that wonderful day I had never voted for a winning candidate.. is this what it feels like? Finally we realized this was for sure and we came out of our little coma and started to celebrate. The next at school was so wild, most students were so excited about the news and the halls were filled with shouts for the new president. Probably the most wonderful aspect of the day after was the AMAZING voice mail I received from none other than uncle-of-the-year Ray. His rendition of Lee Greenwood's (scantily pictured right) "proud to be an American" made me really feel the nation's excitement. I suddenly felt the strange urge for a full body American flag tattoo with Obama and Ray's face right in the middle.. possibly where the stars go, the design is not fully finished. If you have any design ideas please e-mail them to me asap. Although I've decided not to go with the tattoo I am open to a mural with the same design on the side of my rental house.. or maybe a surprise present to my parents. They really do deserve the best. Focus on the Family
Speaking of my parents, the entire family gathered at home last weekend for a much needed family filled weekend. Brother
and I arrived Friday night and hung out in the best living room in the world. Sadly the teacher schedule has greatly altered my socializing capabilities. I was seriously dozing on the couch by 10:30, if not earlier. I was the first to arise as well on Saturday morning. Although papa does not see this as award winning news, for the girl who could easily sleep until noon or later during most of her life, this new lifestyle does seem worth mentioning. The weekend was amazing seeing all of my wonderful family, yet way too short. Luckily Thanksgiving break is only two short weeks away so I will get to see them again! One of the few perks with working with hormonal crazies everyday are the long holiday breaks. Oh, and we deserve them. More on that later.
and I arrived Friday night and hung out in the best living room in the world. Sadly the teacher schedule has greatly altered my socializing capabilities. I was seriously dozing on the couch by 10:30, if not earlier. I was the first to arise as well on Saturday morning. Although papa does not see this as award winning news, for the girl who could easily sleep until noon or later during most of her life, this new lifestyle does seem worth mentioning. The weekend was amazing seeing all of my wonderful family, yet way too short. Luckily Thanksgiving break is only two short weeks away so I will get to see them again! One of the few perks with working with hormonal crazies everyday are the long holiday breaks. Oh, and we deserve them. More on that later. In other news, cousin Carly is once again rubbing in her great life by enjoying her European adventure even more with a weekend getaway to Croatia. She was lucky enough to meet a lot of their Croatian family and learned a lot about why her family is.. well the way it is. For real though, the e-mails and facebook pictures are so amazing, I cannot wait for her to get back so we will all get to see her pictures in person.
Well I promise to be back in action but for now I need to get back to work. For Natalie's News this has been Natalie-Corinne.
4 comments:
Your blog makes me want to blog. Would it be worth reading or even halfway up to par with yours? Doubtful.... I am jealous, though, that I did NOT receive the same tattoo-inspiring, a capella version of "Proud to be an American", from brother/uncle Ray, although the sound is clear in my mind (dear God, make it stop!!) ;)
As cheesy as it is, I have always gotten a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye when hearing "I'm Proud to be an American" sung by Lee Greenwood. It is forever now tarnished however by the oh so 70's pic of him in his short shorts and Ray's version also sung to me on election nite! (don't worry, it is saved in my phone!!) Also thanks for the best living room remark,you are the sweetest daughter ever!
The election was wonderful. I was so overwhelmed that I had to turn to song instead of words to express my excitement, I'm glad you enjoyed my inspirational singing. Lee Greenwood's song is still alive and well at the Stone Mountain Laser Show! (ask Shari how she stood up with her hand over her heart, sang at the top of her lungs, teary eyed with fireworks going off!).
Uncle Ray
Excuse me, but is there ANY other way to listen to "Proud to be an American" but standing on your own two feet, hand over heart, tears in your eyes, heart full of gratitude at what a wonderful, incredible country we live in chock full of opportunity at every corner? (now if I could have just figured out how to actually have "Proud to be an American" playing in the background as you read this.....)
Post a Comment