oming back to us in this cold month, or that I haven't been paid in six weeks, but for me anyway January has felt like an eternity. Of course exciting events occurred during January, the new year, Michelle's birthday, the inauguration, but over all I'm excited that this month is over and we are on the shortest month of the year.. well I am excited until I think... I only have one month left of being 25, and then I'm in to my upper twenties. Holy Lord Jesus. I will probably continue saying I'm in my mid-twenties but this is scary because I am closer to 30. If anyone knows how I can get of a zanax smoothie (if they make such a thing) let me know because that sentence just sent panic down my spine. Such a milestone makes one ponder if they are doing enough with their life etc. Know
ing I only have one more month left in this year I am motivated to do some 25 year oldish things quickly before I am in the gloomy upper twenties.1. Stay out really, really late. Okay so this is super easy but I am always so tired I haven't stayed out and gone to a "late night" in a shameful amount of time. For the next month I want to stay out long enough that someone thinks it is a good idea to take incriminating pictures that appear on facebook and I quickly detag.
2. Meet more people. I think staying out really, really late will help with this one. Don't we all get in the habit of hanging out with our wonderful friends and get comfortable? Don't get me
wrong..I have wonderful friends but it seems like people are continuing to get jobs etc and move away and my circle has gotten smaller. I am going to start up conversations with people I would normally pass.
wrong..I have wonderful friends but it seems like people are continuing to get jobs etc and move away and my circle has gotten smaller. I am going to start up conversations with people I would normally pass. 3. I'm going to watch as much reality television as possible and quit watching CNN. Maybe it's because I am "serious teacher" all day but I am getting burnt out on the news. Yeah, the economy blows, yeah nobody likes us, I get that it's important but if after I watch the news for a while I am in need of ANOTHER zanax smoothie (no seriously, I want to create this, it is genius) there is a problem. Reality television is so mindless and not really acceptable after a certain age, I am going to watch it constantly and get my fill.
4. I will only buy hot clothes. For the past year if I buy any clothes at all they have all been "responsible" and clothes that can work for school and possibly out... but no more. I want more booty jeans and hot tops. Forget anything even remotely teachereque... If it can work at school.. I will not buy it.
5. I want to listen to as much embarrassing pop music as possible. Beyonce, TI, Justin Timberlake, Brittney, you name it, I want it. I will not buy or download another song for school or anything else responsible. Yeah who doesn't like some mellow, makes you think kind of music, but really I only have that on because it seems acceptable in my car pool. Who doesn't want to start the day off with womanizer? You know you do and it is fine to admit it. We all love the Brittany come back...Anyway, I should get back to work. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend filled with something new and exciting! For Natalie's News this has been Natalie-Corinne.
3 comments:
Sign me up for a Xanax smoothie...thanks.
*I agree about January being the longest month. We've been snowed/iced in for a week and the sun is out today, THANK YOU LORD!! I really do feel better.
*Please do stay out late at every opportunity. At my age, if you say you're up past 11p, people look at you like you're insane. It's not fun.
*Do broaden your circle. It really does deflate as you get older and people move on.
*Yes on vetoing the news 24/7. You can get by with 10 minutes of Headline News in the a.m. before school and still be "in the know".
*Hot clothes! Oh yes! Down with turtle necks!! What's sad for me is at my age I could never get away with "hot" clothes anymore. I need you to come and "Stacy" me for appropriate attire.
*I saw Womanizer first at the gym and very nearly yelled out loud, "BRITNEY'S BACK!" Luckily I contained myself. I'm actually proud of her....
Don't fret about being in your mid twenties. Think of it as MORE than a QUARTER century in age. Does that help? :)
Post a Comment