ink, swanky 5th ave. stores and St. Peter's Cathedral. Then we walked to the famous Parker Meridian hotel (pictured right) and ate dinner. One would think inside the luxurious Parker Meridian would produce a fancy smancy restaurant but not so. Behind this curtain is this regular burger joint with plastic plates and pitchers of beer. I usually don't eat big slabs of meat but hey we're on vacation. I attacked that burger like it was my last meal and it was glorious. After lots of fried goodness and 3 pitchers of beer we left and walked around time square. Since New Years is approaching, times square was more crazy than normal. We walked around in the human gridlock long enough to get some pictures and validate our decision to NOT go to times square for New Year's. Finally we decided to go back to the apartment because unlike us, Lindsay and Andrew had to work today. Blah.In other News today was amazing. When awaking we were greeted with beautiful snow! We left around 11 and went to Harlem
to eat at the world famous Silvia's restaurant (pictured left). Recently the Rev. Al Sharpton (nice rhyme) and Caroline Kennedy were seen eating there discussing her desire to be the replacement for Hilary Clinton so I had high hopes of seeing a celebrity. No so luck in the celebrity department BUT oh my gosh the food was insane. I dined on fried chicken and waffles which were so amazing. Luckily I am a huge fan of the Food Network and had recently learned of the glory of fried Chicken and waffles. Philip ate cat fish with mashed potatoes and baked macaroni and cheese. After Sylvia's we went to the largest cathedral in the world, also located in Harlem. Saint John the Divine
Cathedral is so beautiful and has been under construction since 2001 and is finally finished. It was so beautiful and some orchestral group was there practicing for a performance so that was nice to see. Our original plans were to leave the Cathedral and go to Columbia University but it was snowing so hard and so cold that we cut out Columbia and came back to the apartment.. but of course
we got another 24 ounce beer before we came back. I am really getting used to this afternoon drinking... :)
to eat at the world famous Silvia's restaurant (pictured left). Recently the Rev. Al Sharpton (nice rhyme) and Caroline Kennedy were seen eating there discussing her desire to be the replacement for Hilary Clinton so I had high hopes of seeing a celebrity. No so luck in the celebrity department BUT oh my gosh the food was insane. I dined on fried chicken and waffles which were so amazing. Luckily I am a huge fan of the Food Network and had recently learned of the glory of fried Chicken and waffles. Philip ate cat fish with mashed potatoes and baked macaroni and cheese. After Sylvia's we went to the largest cathedral in the world, also located in Harlem. Saint John the Divine
Cathedral is so beautiful and has been under construction since 2001 and is finally finished. It was so beautiful and some orchestral group was there practicing for a performance so that was nice to see. Our original plans were to leave the Cathedral and go to Columbia University but it was snowing so hard and so cold that we cut out Columbia and came back to the apartment.. but of course
we got another 24 ounce beer before we came back. I am really getting used to this afternoon drinking... :) Tonight we are going to dinner and hanging out with friend we know in the city... I wish everyone a great and happy New Years! For Natalie's News this has been Natalie-Corinne.
No comments:
Post a Comment