Wednesday, January 14, 2009

the real world...you're old

So nothing creative came to me today at school because I was totally focused on...working. Today was super busy and after work I went to Children's Choir rehearsal and then I went to this arts academy in town that I am interested in teaching some private lessons in. I met with the director and was really excited about what I saw. After such a long day I was totally pooped so I got in my bed clicked on the television and looked forward to a long night of mindless television. As I scanned the program guide I looked at a channel I rarely watch anymore.. MTV. I noticed the lame show the Real World (pictured above) was on and normally I would have just passed by but I noticed they were in Brooklyn so I stopped. I was excited to see the city and I wanted to know what part of Brooklyn they were in. Big mistake. I have only been watching the show five minutes and am disgusted, with the show AND myself. The people seem blindly optimistic, really into "finding" themselves, annoying, lazy, and most of all...young. As I look at the people with all of their "drama" I am appalled with the massive amount of time spent talking about themselves and such trivial situations. I began thinking... ughhh get a job and shut your mouth and then holy Lord it hits me. These "kids" are in a totally different generation and I am basically their elder. Never has 25 felt so old. Don't get me wrong, I love my life and my age. I don't believe you could pay me to go back to being 18 but oh my gosh, it seems lately that I'm marking more and more things off of my list that I have become too old for. I guess The Real World is a new one on that list. Sad...well not really.

Well I'm back to being lazy and loving it...For Natalie's News, this has been Natalie-Corinne.

1 comment:

Ray said...

You're never too old for the Real World! You just have to be in the right mind to watch it!... a few cocktails help! I've applied for the last 5 years and they say I'm too old at 44! I'm determined to make it on!!
Uncle Ray