Tuesday, January 13, 2009

slide

Although my New York vacation was 2 weeks ago and we are all back to the real world I just got the more than 300 pictures on cd and decided to share the highlights (obviously the pictures where I look the best...all of them I know...) with the loyal fan base at Natalie's News. (thanks family) To the right is a picture of me and to the left is a picture of Philip with the bull in the financial district downtown. There we saw the New York Stock Exchange, Wall street (it was still there!), one of Trump's many building on our way to the Brooklyn Bridge. The Brooklyn bridge was one of my favorite parts of the whole trip. It is amazing to see how big it actually is and the views of the city are amazing. Even though it was bitterly cold this day, braving the severe weather was so worth seeing all the glories of the Brooklyn bridge! To the left is a picture Philip took with his iphone of a familiar sight...us in a subway station! If you read the blog you know that we were lucky to go all over the city! I am still amazed with how much we got to see in that time and it all because we took...the subway. I am always in awe the magnitude of the subway. Sure it can be super dirty but how else can you get far across town in such a short time and for so cheap! To the right is a picture of us on times square on December 30th. For some reason Elmo was there (why not?) and so I tickled him of course..he liked it! To the left is a picture of the ice skating rink. The hill behind it you can stand on and get great picture of the city and many movies have been filmed there such as Jennifer Lopez's classic, "Maid in Manhattan". (Obviously I went on the tour) The picture on the right remembers the coldest day in my life oh and the day we went to the statue of Liberty. I won't go back into too much detail but the process of getting to her were just a tad bit short of awful but I'm so glad we went and were able to see her, plus standing next to such a big woman I look super skinny. To the left is me enjoying super expensive coffee at Sara Beth's restaurant on the upper west side (so posh am I) If you are at all a sucker for ambiance like I am you would love this neighborhood and the great food. SOME might find it girly or pretentious but they are wrong. Lastly I leave you with a great view of some of the city! This picture was taken from those hard tribulations that were going to see the statue of Liberty. We had such a great time and I hope you enjoy these pictures. I feel a little divaish for putting all of these pictures of myself up but you know you like it.

Well I am off to watch the Office...aka one of the best shows ever. Have a great day, for Natalie's News this has been Natalie-Corinne.

1 comment:

Ray said...

Love the pictures! I feel like I was ther' with yu'ns!