o skip the gym tonight and sorority girl power walk it (super fast with the arms pumping...oh yeah, you know the type) around the wonderful town of Oxford. This is almost the perfect time of year. Minus the insane pollen, the weather is beautiful and walking around the almost cool air is much more enjoyable than the gym. As always, we began talking about anything and everyt
hing and Claire began discussing a recent engagement party she attended with out a date and the awful questions a single gal receives. Claire is always the life of the party and of course had a marvelous time but felt the harsh stare from some. We have felt that painful glare from piercing observers while their brains spin out of control with troubled questions. "Why is she not engaged? Isn't she worried about having children? etc. Yet it doesn't get much better when you're in a relationship. Once you've taken the brave step and changed and even linked the facebook status, millions of inquiring minds pry at every step. "When will he pop the question? It's Valentine's Day.. should we see a ring? Aren't you worried that if you put off getting married you won't have time for kids? Aren't you sacrificing your career for this? etc. So basically a woman is screwed anyway she turns. We realized there are not good answers to any of these questions so we compiled a list of questions that you should
NEVER ask women. One would think these were self explanatory but I think once you've been out of the single loop for a while you must get a lobotomy.1. Why aren't you engaged? (or any variation like why are you single? etc) Like a girl is going to have a good reason for this. "Oh well, boys knock at my door every night and I just turn him down" or the other extreme "I haven't had a date in years and am currently considering my relationship with the Domino's delivery man serious". Nobody knows why their life is the way it is. It's not the right timing, you haven't met the right person yayaya but seriously, nobody wants to explain themselves at parties. Oh but I can already hear it now, "it's just that you're so pretty I'm just surprised
that you're single". Shut up. It still feels like one is defending themselves and their lifestyle. Faux pas.
that you're single". Shut up. It still feels like one is defending themselves and their lifestyle. Faux pas.2. Oh, are you sick? Ouch. I will give a slight pass for those who are coughing up lungs etc but just because someone looks pale doesn't mean they are sick. Sample conversation, "Teacher, you sick?" answer, "No, but teacher has not had a second to pee much less put on make up since 5:45 am so maybe teacher is a bit pale". It's just code for you look bad.
3. Are you pregnant? Why God, why? So many skinny girls I know have
been asked this question and wanted to acquire an eating disorder soon after. No, I just ate lunch and apparently my pouch sticks out a bit.
been asked this question and wanted to acquire an eating disorder soon after. No, I just ate lunch and apparently my pouch sticks out a bit. 4. When do you plan on having kids? First, why do you care? Secondly, what if a person isn't planning on having kids? And furthermore, even if having kids is a goal if you're single or not in a serious relationship having kids is probably not on the top of the list. Imagine if you're the single girl dodging the engaged question.. why would you be planning on the kids?

5. and the favorite...When will you get serious about your life? Errrkk...(also, when will you begin living your life works in this category too) I guess because some women are not on the fast track to marriage and children track at 22 and are considered "worldly" and "confusing". It is more than fine to get married, have babies etc when you're young and ready..good for you! But for the rest of us, we are still having a life! People seem to think women are just sitting at home not living before we enter the next and "real" stage of our lives. This is living bi-a.

5. and the favorite...When will you get serious about your life? Errrkk...(also, when will you begin living your life works in this category too) I guess because some women are not on the fast track to marriage and children track at 22 and are considered "worldly" and "confusing". It is more than fine to get married, have babies etc when you're young and ready..good for you! But for the rest of us, we are still having a life! People seem to think women are just sitting at home not living before we enter the next and "real" stage of our lives. This is living bi-a.
Hope this helps, more to come. For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne.
2 comments:
People are nosy. I read your blog cause I'm nosy. So there.
You left one out... "so you're not married? Are you gay?" or.. so you get married like several of my friends and you decided that you don't want kids... 'are ya'll sterile?' 'are ya'll just selfish' or 'Are you both really just gay?' ..... Unfortunately, those questions will never end, but you can make up a new reason each time and freak people out like, "Why aren't you married?" well, I like to eat boogers and I haven't found the right man to do it with me!"
Uncle Ray
Post a Comment