Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Summer reading

During the summer I have been reading like a fool, it started off as books but now I'm all up in some blogs. I follow some publicly a la the new-to-me Google Reader (thanks Lindsay C) but I follow some privately w/ my handy dandy favorites menu. Why? I find it kind of (well really not kind of at all) stalker-esque to follow people I went to college or even high school with and I'm not really friends with anymore. And when I say not really friends with I mean haven't uttered a single word to in 5+ years. You may ask why do you care? Why read something from someone you don't even know anymore? I have no idea really, why am I friends w/ folks on facebook that I don't speak to or sometimes even know? Oh that's right, because we are all nosy. (if you deny it you're a liar) Most of the time I stalker-follow people who are so out of my level of reality. People with kids, deciding what to have for dinner, redecorating the nursery that includes a reading room, what their kids are wearing to Sunday services, etc. etc. This is so bizarre to me that I just love reading their posts. I feel like I know their children because they post hundreds of pictures of their kids all from first parties, days at the pool, play date with neighbor kid "Jimmy" etc. This may and likely does sound pretty hardcore stalker/creepy but they are so far removed from my everyday norm that I might as well be reading People or US Weekly because like celebrities I have no idea what it's like to blow millions on lypo or what it is like to blow one's paycheck at Toys R Us. I asked another one of my friends about this and she said she totally did it too (unnamed sources are so annoying) so if you've got a blog...someone random is probably reading it, and you are the random reading this post, thank you and welcome. From the light hearted stalker to the jailhouse inmate, everyone is welcome here and I'm sure my parents are getting sick of being the "faithful few". Well I'm off, I hope everyone has a wonderful day...only 4 day work week, whoop!
For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne.

3 comments:

Lindsay C said...

it's me, I'm a blog-stalker. you can name me, I have no shame.

My Mississippi Madness said...

Natalie,
you GGLS here! And I am a TOTAL blog stalker. Trying to have my "own blog" for a little street cred, but so far NOT so good! Went to an engagement party for a college friend and totally felt creepy talking to her sister and niece bc I stalk their blog on a daily basis. My name is sarah and i have a problem!

Natalie Corinne said...

too bad we cannot get all the secret stalkers to identify themselves. That would be sooo fun and probably a little awkward.