Sunday my family celebrated Ben's 23rd birthday. Can we hold the phone? How did my little brother get to be 23? Doesn't anyone else think this is totally ridiculous. I seriously still picture him circa 1995 and although I'm always impressed by how smart and hilarious he is, somehow I'm always surprised that he is grown up. Not too grown to be brought down in a tickle war, but you get my point. I came over after church and saw all the birthday banners Mom always has out for us. (there were more and these pictures do not do her decoration talents justice)
Dad and Ben was at the Titan's game so I was lucky enough to hang with Mom, Shari, and Ray for a while.
At the first the pictures started sweet and pretty tame.
Then of course a certain someone resorted to his younger (much younger, right?!) brother status.
And being a family of Julie Andrews lovers we had to recreate the "coo coo' scene from "The Sound of Music". If there is ever a family event where some scene from a musical is not reenacted I don't want to know.
After sufficient homage to Julie it was of course time to bring back the trend of planking. I know you've all missed seeing it on facebook. You're welcome.
Then Ben and Dad returned from the (losing) Titans game and it was time to celebrate with the birthday boy. He opened all of his presents and we enjoyed a wonderful fall meal of chili, corn bread...
and of course Mom's famous pumpkin pie.
Ben requests Mom's pumpkin pie instead of cake every year for his birthday! There is none better and this year did not disappoint! We had such a fun day with wonderful family!
Happy Birthday Ben :)
For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne.
3 comments:
i like pumpkin pie instead of bday cake too....tis the season!!
less cals, duh.
haaaaaa. Ray planking. my mom trying plank. Hilarious.
Post a Comment