Sunday, October 02, 2011

Half Marathon

So after years of threatening... I finally did it. I finally ran a half marathon (and crossed off number 1 on my 30 before 30! woot!). This morning I got up and conquered the 13.1 miles of crazy. Honestly, it wasn't the epic run I had anticipated. I've had bronchitis and a sinus infection this week and was really struggling during the run. But at last my great running buddy Kate and I finished the mega race and were greeted by husbands and amazing friends. I finished in 2 hours and 14 minutes and was first a little disappointed that I had to stop and walk a little around mile 11 but then I woke up and decided to be proud that I didn't crawl or crab walk across the finish line. Success.


Kate crossing the finish line like a champ!

Attempting to smile and suck in while running..yes, it's true.

I guess I'm the running Fonzie running with the thumbs up.
Amazing friends who came to see us finish early on a Sunday morning!

Do you have tickets to the gun show?

Thankfully my sweet husband came early and took all of the above pictures :)

I am so glad we did this and honestly had a lot of fun paying... to run. ( first world problems always amaze me) Anyway, I would consider doing a half marathon again but this race pretty much reinforced the fact that I will never complete a marathon. Those folks are cray cray.

I hope everyone else had a wonderful weekend. For Natalie's news this has been, Natalie-Corinne.



2 comments:

Natalie said...

awesome job! I'm so proud of you and jealous! I really wanted to complete a half before my 30th, but I've been a lazy ass. Maybe by 31...

Ballentine said...

Wow. Wow. Wow. I still get impressed with myself when I run a mile. A lone little mile. You are a rockstar!!! You look amazing, and I love that you were tryig to run, smile, and suck in... a true Ole Miss girl after my own heart.