So today was one of those wonderful homeowner Saturdays where you work from sun-up to sun-down (which during this time of year is only about 4 hours). It started simply enough. I thought oh I will get two shrubs, maybe an area rug, nothing too complicated.
First we really got the two scrubs like seen above.
Then we found these really cute Christmas trees. Obviously I needed to ditch the yellow mums and go for some evergreens that in my mind will undoubtedly be planted for years to come but... probably just like said mums they will be ditched in the creek beside my house. Replacing annuals every 3 months? I like to call it helping the economy. Deal.
So then I bought a new holly tree. (I have no idea what it is really called. Honestly, I was looking for something it would be hard to kill). Only one more hole to dig, right?
Then I realized after the shrubs were planted that if two were good 8 would be the best ever in America and possibly the universe. And even better, I had a strapping young college lad who was helping in exchange for free time playing the new call of duty, which my Mom asked was being played on our "Nintendo". This obviously made all of my techi's (yes that is a new word) day. Clearly, I am the luckiest girl in the entire universe for having the best family...ummm ... ever. Whoever would volunteer their Saturday to spend with me replacing tons of landscaping deserves a special place in family Heaven.
While all this was happening P painted our kitchen! Woot! It looks so clean and fresh and next he is on to the bathroom. Pictures to come.
In other news, I am blogging about home improvements during the weekend. Although I don't have arthritis, I'm pretty sure I'm 61.
For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne.
1 comment:
HAHAHAHA!! There is not a damn thing wrong with fixing up your house at the age of 20 something! Home improvements DOES NOT mean middle aged! :P
Post a Comment