Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Hospital visitors


After we had Austin, the lady in the next room over sadly began having seizures so the staff was understandably very busy. We were left alone for quite a while. Honestly, this was the most stressful part of labor to me. I couldn't walk and Austin cried..no screamed for what felt like days. I knew he would cry but the hours of screaming I was not prepared for. Finally hours later a frantic nurse came in apologizing for leaving us for a while. I was crying and apparently looked extremely stressed. She asks, "are you okay?" and I want to say umm...NO but I say, "yeah I'm fine, just tired" because I thought I just did not know what I was doing. She kept asking and finally I cried harder and said "I don't know what I'm doing" and she said, "oh my, is this your first child? I'm so sorry! You seemed so calm, I thought you had other children". Apparently she went and retrieved a clan of people and they came and told me what to do! 3 hours later we finally had our first guest. I remember thinking we would have people visit really quickly but those 3 hours seemed like years and also flew by. 
Dad and Ben were the first to visit. Ben was sick so he just looked through the door but Dad came and held him. So, so sweet. Later we moved to a hospital room and then more friends came by! It was so nice!




I wish I had thought to take pictures of everyone that came, but this is all I got! Austin is so sweet that so many people already love him!

For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Austin is not even very old and is already super popular. He's pretty awesome. When is he gonna start blogging?

Natalie Corinne said...

Ugh, Kimmie idk, I've talked to him about it, I mean he's 5 weeks...get. on. it.

My Mississippi Madness said...

Sweet Sweet Austin!!! He needs to come to Oxford soon. I've been dying a little over his pictures!!

Natalie Corinne said...

Yes Sarah! I can't wait to bring him to Oxford. He will obvi have to stock up on some rebel gear! I cannot wait to brainwash him! Go rebs!