Having a desk job this summer has really changed my opinion of America's work force. How difficult it has been to stay motivated with the midday slump I feel after a cafeteria lunch. Oh how I yearn for a nap, but alas I must remain or at least continue to look productive at my desk (hello, why this is why I
blog) . With the long days of summer and the lack of school pressure, I actually have time to be an avid reader of online news. However with the upcoming presidential race, the slumping economy, soaring gas prices, it is challenging staying updated on current news. While I believe it is important to stay informed after my daily reading of www.CNN.com I feel bogged down and discouraged. With everything looking so gloomy how can one have hope? Well lucky for you, I have the answer. I revisited an old friend that brought me and my coworkers great laughter and I hope it will do the same for you. The website that brings such joy is www.theonion.com. Totally fake and hilarious news mocking our society's problems. Sure it is important to "be the solution" and "stay positive" but isn't
it nice to occasionally take a chance to look at non-related work cites while hiding from your boss? The answer is an overwhelming YES! The cite has everything you need for a good laugh such as fake commentaries, sports stories, interviews, newscasts and more. Your friends will quickly begin to e-mail gut busting stories to each other breaking the monotony of 9-5. Don't believe me? Take a moment to look at the website, some of the best stories of today I have listed below. Go ahead, take 5, 10, an hour, however long you please away from your precious work day and laugh at how bad/awkward things could be.http://gaybaby/
Small spoiler: The above is about a potentially gay baby, scandal.
http://http//www.theonion.com/content/video/bush_tours_america_to_survey
One of the funniest things I've ever seen.
http://www.theonion.com/content/radio_news/stripper_from_future_jumps
And lastly who can refuse stripper humor?
Enjoy everyone! Just have your email minimized and your hears open for the lurking of your boss so you can pull your email up quickly and no one is the wiser :)
In the upcoming issues of Natalie's News
*Weekend Update
*Review of The Network
*How old is too old for facebook?
Lastly a reminder to all fun and young people of Oxford, the Network will gather tonight at 6pm at the Bluepan for our first meeting. Please read previous blog for more information. For Natalie's News this has been Natalie-Corinne.
No comments:
Post a Comment