Thursday, July 31, 2008

We may not win every game, but we've never lost a party...

After seven, yes seven wonderful and occasionally winning football seasons in the greatest stadium in the world, it is time to say goodbye to the student section. Everything in my life seems to be changing rapidly and this even includes where one sits during Rebel football. No longer do I get to take advantage of the cheap and shaded student section, today I had to buy regular seats....adult seats. Oh one more step in leaving my wonderful life as a student behind and becoming a real life adult. Luckily since I still work at Willie Price I was able to take advantage of the half price tickets for university employees. I was able to get tickets on the West sideline near the band... always a good time! Of course I will still be able to attend and cheer for my rebs but I fear the game experience will change greatly, but hopefully for the better. Although the student section contains many advantages including the only shade in the stadium and always colorful banter from the sea of fraternity boys, there are some perks of leaving the student section. I am certain that I will leave behind the threats of drunken fights, students sneaking drags of cigarettes and the excessively personal body search upon entering the stadium. (I mean really...what could be hiding there?) Anyway, although the change of sections may not seem like any big deal, it is just one more aspect of life that is changing this week. But rest assured that the grove (pictured left) is still available for Rebel fans of all ages and will always be the real party. The grove is an experience unlike any other, almost indescribable. This season is sure to be a new season of success and winning football... or something like that. All I know is that I will hope for the best, with the new coach and staff our Rebs are due for a winning season and if not...at least the grove is fun.

That is all for today, the new landlord will be stopping by soon to give me keys to the new home sweet home. Stay tuned for updates on the continuous lie concerning Claire/Danielle (read previous post) and moving details. For Natalie's News this has been Natalie-Corinne.

No comments: