Will the real Claire Taylor please stand up? So it is almost here, only 2 more days until moving day! Claire (pictured left) and I are so excited about the new move, but there is a small hitch. Approximately one month ago Claire and I were frantically searching Oxford for that new perfect home sweet home. During lunch breaks we visited
one disappointment after another. I picked up a newspaper and began calling every house in our price range. Finally a sweet lady from Jackson called and offered us the answer to our housing prayers. A cute house that we could afford with a great backyard! Perfect. The only issue that day was that she was only in town for a couple of hours and needed for me to come see it right away. Unfortunately, Claire was out of town so I had to go by myself. Wanting a second opinion I called our friend Danielle (pictured right) to come and "be Claire" and serve as the second opinion. I wasn't exactly clear in my request however. I simply meant come with me and Danielle took it as actually come and pretend to be Claire. So we show up and meet the landlord and her husband and I introduce myself and then I hear sweet Danielle say, "hi, I'm Claire". I am puzzled but quickly realize the confusion but I cannot correct Danielle and say oh no you're Danielle in front of the landlord or she will think we're crazy, so I just smile uncomfortably. So "Claire" (really Danielle) and I look around the house, like what we see and decide to take it! I decide that I will call the landlord and just explain the situation...well that has not happened. Swamped with work (ha), decisions, social life, and procrastination lead me to never call the landlord and explain our funny situation. The real Claire signed the lease, paid her deposit, and has even talked to the landlord on the phone but the landlord does not realize that there is a new Claire. With only a few days until we move in I am confused and e
mbarrassed to admit the issue so I have done nothing. Hopefully she won't notice?!? We shall see.In any case, it is time to introduce the new REAL roommate. Ms. Claire Taylor is from Booneville, MS. She attended Northeast Community College and studied pre-pharmacy. Ms. Taylor transferred to The University of Mississippi several
years ago and began studying music. In May of 2008 she graduated with a bachelors degree in Music and will start the masters degree in vocal performance studying with Ms. Nancy Maria Balach in August. Ms. Taylor has a wonderful voice and is a member and soloist of The Ole Miss Concert Singers under the direction of Dr. Donald Trott and Ole Miss opera theatre under the direction of Ms. Julia Aubrey. Last year Claire performed the leading role of Just Jeanette in the comedic opera Too Many Sopranos. In Ms. Taylor's free time she enjoys dancing, shopping, eating out, friends, laughing and having lots of fun. We plan to have a great year as roommates, stay tuned for invitations for a smashing housewarming party!Well that's all for today, have a wonderful hump day! For Natalie's News this has been Natalie-Corinne.
No comments:
Post a Comment