Today was the first day that students came to the Junior High. They are beginning slowly with only the 6th grade today and the 7th and 8th grade tomorrow. I cannot get over how many students are in all of my choirs. Almost every seat was occupied during my beginning choir this morning. I was so nervous and excited when they first arrived. Using my stern te
acher voice, I read the handbook and rules aloud and tried to mean all business. Finally after reading sections of the student handbook I looked up and asked,"are there any questions?" Big mistake. "why is it so cold in here?" and "where is my next class?" omg. Well, lesson learned, no more open questions! I was amazed with the amount of boys in my beginning class, wow so many boys are interested in choir, this is great... or so I thought. After the boys began feeling comfortable the sea of questions about how to get into PE rather than music completely overwhelmed me. "Listen I like you but I wanna be in P.E." and similar comments were heard as they were leaving. Finally I just told them they would have to tak
e care of it themselves. I remember hating it when teachers did not have all the answers. Obviously they knew everything and just would not tell students because they were mean. Wow. I feel like karma has come back and hit me across the forehead. So I feel the need to apologize to most of my teachers. Although I was a fairly good student, during middle and high school I would only work hard in the classes I liked and try to get out of the work in the classes I did not like. Many times I concocted ridiculous stories and now I am so sorry to those teachers. Accept my apology and take comfort that the cycle continues and I am getting the taste of my own medicine. Yuck.In other news, this weekend will be very busy with a very busy social agenda to
maintain. Luckily I have made two new teacher friends this week and we carpool together from Oxford. We have decided to hang out Friday night after work on the square. On Saturday Mrs. Janna Montgomery, Dr. De
bra Spurgeon, and Mrs. Carol Trott are throwing and shower/party for Ms. Brooke Bagley. The shower will take place at St. Peter's Episcopal Church and I am very excited to see who attends and what goodies Brooke and Michael will get. Finally Sunday will be Ollie Rencher's (pictured far left) last Sunday at a priest at St. Peter's Church. I have loved Ollie since I began attending St. Peter's and am saddened that he is leaving but excited for him that he has a new job in a church he is excited about. Whatever. Mrs. Janna Mongtomery, Ms. Brooke Bagley, and Dr. Debra Spurgeon and myself are singing some special music at the service on Sunday morning. There is a party after church in the Parish hall celebrating Ollie and all his good work for the church. It should be a lot of fun...and will probably be the only place to get wine on a Sunday in Oxford. Well I need to get back to work! I hope everyone has a wonderful day, for Natalie's News this has been Natalie-Corinne.
2 comments:
The kids have to choose between PE and music?? What kind of school is that? They need to have BOTH!!
When students reach the 7th grade they are able to do both. There are so many technology, health, and other arts classes it is difficult to cram everything in.
Post a Comment