Thursday, August 14, 2008

me... old?

Today I felt it... old. I am so behind technologically it is embarrassing. I am going out of town tomorrow and I have to leave so many instructions and set up a movie etc for my classes and one would think I was asked to cure cancer. So many wires, ahh, so lost. I began thinking of all that I miss out on because it is "too much". For example, I have not even fooled with the new facebook because the thought of a new online profile exhausts me, itunes it too complicated and putting ink cartridges in my printer at school.. ha. I am more likely to succeed at open heart surgery. How did I become so out of date? Oh now I remember... grad school. During all those classes concerning Renaissance music I totally checked out of the technological renaissance that continues to leave me farther and farther behind. What should I do about it? I am so intimidated I just want to continue living with what I know. Sure my 2001 desktop will no longer play youtube videos and my 1987 bmw sounds more like a tin car made for neighborhood races than a "grown up" car but at least I know how to use it! Is there any hope for me? Who knows. But at least my friends in the top left look like they still have fun!

In other news I am going to Nashville today right after school. The car is fully packed and once I drop my carpool buddies off I am off to my hometown! Not only to I get to sleep in (me pictured right) but I get to skip out on a day at the old grind and forget all about being in charge. Pure Heaven. Unfortunately this means I will miss the anticipated monthly meeting of the Network but I know their meeting will go off with much fun and success. Wish I could attend. This weekend is crammed pack of exciting events for the Andrews/Shirley wedding and squeezing in time to see my wonderful family! So excited to go home!



I hope everyone has a wonderful and exciting weekend! Hopefully I'll be able to update from Music City! For Natalie's News this has been Natalie-Corinne.

1 comment:

michelle said...

Nat, you can still catch up on the information highway. Al Gore was a lot older than you when he invented the internet! And your old mom has learned to cut and paste! I love you and did not get to see you enough this weekend!!
love, Mom