% politically correct, removing all religious vocabulary out of the office place. We have seen it so much I don't really even notice it anymore. For example, when I was in school the break in the later part of December was called Christmas break but now most people call it "Winter Break" etc. But there are exceptions, like where I work. We are about 50 years behind on that boat and I for one am ecstatic about it (well this weekend anyway). Because I live in the deep south we get off for Good Friday (and they even call it that on the calendar) AND Easter Monday! An entire four day weekend for a Christian holiday all out in the open! Whipppee! I am so excited to have an extended Holiday, far more excited than any child here. After school today I am zipping off to Nashville where I will spend Easter with the family for the first time in four years. Since I no longer am a paid singer I get to chose when I go to my Oxford church and am not bound by contract to be present during Holy Week. Even more exciting, brother Ben get an entire 24 hours off from the demanding baseball schedule and will get to come home for one night! The entire clan will be taking on Nashville so this should serve as your official warning. Pop has already opened the garage and gotten the brew flowing...yeah this will be good.In other not so southern News: Drug dogs are currently searching my school... and I couldn't be happier. The tough dogs acco
mpanied with 5-0 are tearing apart my junior high awaiting to find illegal substances. Why am I happy? Oh, only because students are not allowed to leave the rooms and I am the lucky teacher who has her planning period during the search. Luckily the dogs did not finish in the 50 minute time slot and have run over into my crazy 41 member 6th grade choir class. They are so "enthusiastic" and totally exhaust me daily. The dogs are taking forever so the crazies are over 30 minutes late for my class! Whoohoo. It's crazy how life's little pleasures get stranger and stranger as we get older. I used to enjoy a great drink after a large test, now I love drug dogs. Who knew?
mpanied with 5-0 are tearing apart my junior high awaiting to find illegal substances. Why am I happy? Oh, only because students are not allowed to leave the rooms and I am the lucky teacher who has her planning period during the search. Luckily the dogs did not finish in the 50 minute time slot and have run over into my crazy 41 member 6th grade choir class. They are so "enthusiastic" and totally exhaust me daily. The dogs are taking forever so the crazies are over 30 minutes late for my class! Whoohoo. It's crazy how life's little pleasures get stranger and stranger as we get older. I used to enjoy a great drink after a large test, now I love drug dogs. Who knew?Oh, the bell just rang which means the terrors are on their way. For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne.
2 comments:
I hope you find the Golden Egg this weekend! Don't invite Lance or Lindsay to ensure that you have a firm shot at finding it.
Uncle Ray
hey nat! I'm home this weekend too :-)
Post a Comment