Saturday, April 30, 2011

Friday night lights!!!

The weather in the South has been so awful. I'm sure all of us have been addicted to the news coverage. I have friends all over Mississippi and Alabama and am so thankful most came away with little damage. A little silver lining about all the storms is that Huntsville resident Julie came back to Nashville to stay with her parents since Huntsville is out of power. Last night we went to a Nashville Sounds game. This really brought back SO many memories of my childhood. We went all the time when I was young and I think I may have watched some of the games by far my favorite moment was running around picking up all the small baseball hats that the ice cream comes in (they still do this). Now as an adult with a pretty healthy dose of OCD, I think this was so filthy. The fact that people use a spoon to eat ice cream, put the spoon in their mouth with delicious ice cream out of a small, plastic baseball cap and then reuse the spoon thus ensuring a massive amount of spit in the baseball hats never crossed my mind. We would run all over the stands looking for the "goods" and take home hundreds. Somehow they would "get lost in the move" (inside joke..rude in a blog right? Okay, I'll let you in but like most inside jokes, not funny when explained. P is a boarder line hoarder and likes to keep knickknacks. I am weird about not having clutter so when we moved I took this opportunity to purge..a lot..and maybe I still do that and about 99% of the time neither of us notice anything but on the rare occasion on of us do notice the missing items, I still say 4 months later, "oh it must have gotten lost in the move" aka I threw it away...see not really all that funny.) before the morning but I can not blame my mother at all for this. Who would want to clean a bunch of used plastic baseball caps? ugh. So anyway we went to the big Friday night baseball game and stayed for a really awesome fireworks show! Although the Sounds lost this game we all had a wonderful time and enjoyed our surprise visit from Julie and Georgia!


I hope everyone else is enjoying their weekend! For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne.

2 comments:

michelle said...

We did have a lot of fun at those Sounds games and I DID wash my share of baseball caps with sticky stranger-laden spit because my darling children were so excited to bring them home!!!!

Natalie Corinne said...

ugh gross mother of the world!