Against the better judgement of my wonderful Uncle Ray, I'm beginning to accept that sometime in the near (uhummmm well over a year) future I will be 30...(Holy $*&+) I'm also realizing that I am a little late to the 30 before 30 bandwagon. Previously I've seen other people's 30 for 30 but since I've been in denial of hitting this new age bracket, I haven't given it much thought. But since I'm now 28 and 1/2, I think it is high time to make my list and get cracking!
1. Run a half-marathon.
2. Decorate our guestroom with items that are not college leftovers.
3. Find a bathing suit that I love and feel good wearing.
4. Find a charity that I like and donate some time/money/etc.
5. Go on a really fun weekend anywhere with my Mom.
6.Learn how to make 5 really good cocktails.
7. Learn to really, really, really love my Dad's beer.
8. Buy a nice piece of art.
9. Learn how to grill.
10. Do a pull up.
11. Learn how to make lemon icebox and lemon meringue pie...
12. Find a new brunch place with a great group of friends.
13. Enjoy the holidays.
14. Do one of those painting/drinking nights with friends.
15. Read a book for pleasure at least once a month. ( I used to be good at this but lately I have fallen way off the bandwagon)
16. Grow tomatoes.
17. Throw P a really fun/stylish/blog-worthy 30th bday party.
18. Grow herbs (and cook with them!)
19. Love my job!
20. Visit Ray and Robin in Seattle.
21. Find a skin product routine that I like/can afford/will stick to.
22. Try some cheese and see if I still don't like them.
23. Join a new club/organization.
24. Learn how to make crepes.
25. Go to Napa Valley.
26. Own a wardrobe that I'm proud of.
27. Buy Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking and make something in it.
28. Recycle. (omg, shame...shame, shame!)
29. Whiten my teeth.
30. Take a photography class.
31. Watch Ben graduate and celebrate B-I-G.
(okay, 31 is really up to Ben, but it's one more than I have to do anyways, so I'm calling it legit).
Well...quite a list, kind of nervous that I won't get it all done but this list is stuff I should want to do, right? Perhaps I should get off my booty and begin...living?
For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne.


4 comments:
You could do a lot of these whilst visiting me in Paris...there is a painting class around the corner from me, I'm sure I can find you a photo class, we could def learn to make crepes and I'll throw in Julia Child's cook book as well!
umm....OKAY :)
You cannot turn 30! I will NOT start moving my age. You are still only 25.
For your really fun weekend with your Mom, you can combine it with your trip to Seattle to see you fabulous Uncle!
Love the List
I think you could knock off making those 2 pies during Thanksgiving this year!!! This is doable in 1-1/2 years (or 5 years according to Ray's calculations! :P)
Post a Comment