Sunday, December 18, 2011

Angel

Today was the St. Paul's Christmas Pageant. It was one of the cutest things I've ever seen complete with a cow, wise WOMEN (thank you!), a crying donkey, and one amazing head angel. Since we had so many little darlings, I was asked to dress up and stand with the little ones just to make sure nothing crazy happened...well things happened, one sheep crawled down the isle with a cookie in his mouth and Mary came close to whacking the 2 month old baby Jesus in the head with a music stand, but other than that...everything was great. Anyway, some of my "friends" frienimies took my dressed up opportunity to rub in the fact that at time (very few times!) I am less than angelic. "Oh look at you, there's a first time for everything" and comments similar seemed to roll of the tongues of parishioners a little too easily.
I would like to point out that this is not my first rodeo with the entire angel shindig. Look at this beautiful homemade Halloween costume circa 1986-1988? (Mom, help me out.) First let's check out the country couture decor in the background..ugh the 80s were so unfortunate. Secondly, ummm...never been an angel, what? Look at those baby blue eyes and tell me I'm not angelic...

For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne.

No comments: