Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas with the Pratts

Christmas day we spent the day at the Pratt's house. They will be moving next year and this will be the last Christmas in the old family home. We had a really fun morning spending time and opening presents with P's aunts, Mom and sis. Later P's brother, sis-in-law, and nephew came over and the marathon of eating, drinking, and opening presents continued.
The Pratt's tree in the sun room.
the stockings
The table set for lunch.
Sharon always has everything really fancy and beautiful. The first Christmas I went over to the Pratt's house P and I were just dating and I wore jeans and a nice sweater and considering that we rarely get out of Christmas pajamas, I thought I was dressed up....nope. I missed the memo on being dressy that year but now I've caught on. It's actually pretty nice because when you wear something fitted you can't constantly over eat like the elastic pajamas allow...
Probably the funnest part of the day (well one of them!) was opening Christmas crackers. (yeah I linked to wiki, all of you educational snobs just get over it) I've never heard of this but it is an English tradition. We all opened our crackers or bonbon and out popped a cute present, hat, and jokes.

I used the camera self timer without a tripod...what what photog class.


Fun times!

Merry Christmas.. again!

For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne.

3 comments:

Ray said...

Looks so fun! I'm glad you've upped your game from the PJs!

RBert said...

we have christmas poppers too...but we just act like brits!

Ray said...

Though I have to say, Iva's annual christmas placemats that doubled as props for the pageants were hard to beat. And the Christmas centerpiece was always something to cause 'wonder'.
Love ya!
Uncle Ray