Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Steeplechase 2012

With the risk of losing my Nashville native card, I am going to admit something. Prior to this weekend, I had never attended Steeplechase. I know...the social event of the season?! How have I not gone? Well, my family didn't allow me to go during high school because high school kids do nothing good at Steeplechase (my student informed me yesterday that it was called steeple waste) and then I was in college and then I spent some years very broke so finally this year, we were able to go. I have to admit I wasn't really excited because I attended Ole Miss, literally the best place ever to tailgate (or breathe) in the entire universe. I thought it was a bunch to do about nothing and seriously it rains every single year and every picture I had ever seen was of girls in cute dresses, hats, rain boots, and mud. Hello, I do don't bad weather. Actually, it was a pretty fun time. Way less classy than the grove with a random addition of horses, but still fun times.

cray fashion at Steeplechase.


Wanna bes. Can't blame them.


takes a brave man.


Flip cup...never in the Grove...especially during the day.


Did you realize that Steeplechase was not just a reason to drink early in the morning and there is actually a horse race?





Mom gave P and I these koozies for Easter.


Later in the evening, things get weirder and we may have "borrowed" a horse mask.


We had  a good time but I committed a total faux pas and didn't wear a hat. I kept looking for one (okay, for like 15 minutes) and they were really expensive so I just didn't. Then I met a girl who had her hat custom made for $1,500 and realized I had become too cheap when I wouldn't pay $40.00 for a hat at TJ Maxx...or that girl has way too much disposable income.

Anyway, I feel like I've finally become a real Nashvillian because I've dressed up, drank at 10:00 AM, and briefly cared about a horse.

Life is good.

For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne.

No comments: